Respected Contributor

Delays Continue....Order Early!

I ordered from Land's End maybe 4 days ago and today I received a message due to labor shortage there will be a delay shipping your order.

I think you can substitute Lands End for any retailer...

SO ORDER EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rather have "something" for a gift than nothing at all!

Honored Contributor

Re: Delays Continue....Order Early!

Record-breaking 56 cargo ships waiting to dock off the coast of California might give new meaning to 'Waitlist'.  These ships are reported as having loads of holiday shipments for mostly stores. So that means there will be more delays of getting our stuff. The ships can't dock b/c there's no one at the docks to unload and truck away the shipments. Smiley Surprised

Ships sit off the coast of Seal Beach, CA, on Tuesday, January 26, 2021. Cargo ships enduring one of the worst U.S. port bottlenecks in more than a decade faced down another obstacle as they waited to offload near the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach

Honored Contributor

I posted somewhere else on this board that a CS at Athleta said they expect to have virtually no merchandise in the stores for the holidays. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I ordered from Land's End maybe 4 days ago and today I received a message due to labor shortage there will be a delay shipping your order.

I think you can substitute Lands End for any retailer...

SO ORDER EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rather have "something" for a gift than nothing at all!

@Just Bling 

I ordered a cardigan from Land's End on the 14th, supposed to be here on Thursday so 9 days, not too bad.

On the other hand I had ordered 3 Tees from LL Bean about 5 or 6 weeks ago. One of them shipped quickly, 2 were delayed twice.  Twice I got emails where had to check whether I wanted to wait for the new estimated delivery date or cancel. I waited it out as I didn't need them in a hurry. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Just Bling   Totally concur with what you said.  We're finding it out the hard way here.  We are still waiting on supplies to come in so they can come and get our walk in shower done.  Taking longer already.  

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I posted somewhere else on this board that a CS at Athleta said they expect to have virtually no merchandise in the stores for the holidays. 

@Lipstickdiva   I believe it.

I do mostly all of my clothing shopping online. I noticed that JC Penney and Kohl's have very little new inventory, it's been that way since last year. 

Haven't been to my local mall since early last year. Went this past weekend and was shocked at the number of stores that were closed. JC Penney and Macy's looked like they had a going-out-of-business sale - there was little of anything across all departments.

Honored Contributor

I read or heard somewhere that there are some retailers opting to have their stuff air freighted over here instead of getting it by boat. They want to have their things in time for the holiday shopping season. I would imagine air freight costs more so some things could cost significantly more.

Honored Contributor

Gee, if you read some of the other threads, you'd think it was only QVC that had delays in shipping! 

Thanks for posting.

I am DONE with Christmas shopping!  Yay, me!  I got everything I wanted to get.  Sure, I might have paid a couple bucks more, but I am not willing to take the chance on Black Friday.  Esp. on some electronic type things the kids wanted.

Anything I order between now and Christmas will be a gravy gift and it won't really matter if it is delayed.

I especially appreciate QVC late holiday return policy.  I obviously do not have that with other retailers, but I put everything together to make sure no missing parts etc.

Maybe I should start to make cookies?  LOL

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I read or heard somewhere that there are some retailers opting to have their stuff air freighted over here instead of getting it by boat. They want to have their things in time for the holiday shopping season. I would imagine air freight costs more so some things could cost significantly more.

I just heard Martha Stewart in an interview this morning talking about her new direct-to-consumer concept.  She was asked about product supply and said they were having trouble like everyone else.  She just doesn't know what or when anything will be arriving.  She also said that they opted not to use air freight because it was so expensive now.

Her advice was the same as everyone else in the retail business: shop as early as you can for the holidays.

Respected Contributor

So glad I don't shop for Christmas.