Occasional Contributor

Does anyone else miss the Rehoboth Beach, Delaware outlet store? I go to Dewey Beach every year  with my husband and we always shop at Rehoboth outlets. ALWAYS went to the QVC outlet store and spent hours there! It was a great store. Liked it better than QVC Penn. Outlet stores. It was always crowded with people - don't know why it closed! So sad!😕

Trusted Contributor

Re: Delaware QVC outlet store

@Shopaholic Jan

We go to Bethany Beach often...Sea Colony...but always spend lots of time in Rehoboth, too. I loved that store!! Still have things that I bought there over the years! 

Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle 

I love both Sea Colony and Bethany Beach, we are considering retiring to the area. 

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@Shopaholic Jan

We go to Bethany Beach often...Sea Colony...but always spend lots of time in Rehoboth, too. I loved that store!! Still have things that I bought there over the years! 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@Shopaholic Jan wrote:

Does anyone else miss the Rehoboth Beach, Delaware outlet store? I go to Dewey Beach every year  with my husband and we always shop at Rehoboth outlets. ALWAYS went to the QVC outlet store and spent hours there! It was a great store. Liked it better than QVC Penn. Outlet stores. It was always crowded with people - don't know why it closed! So sad!😕

@Shopaholic Janmany of their outlet stores closed. I used to go to Prices Corner in Delaware a couple times a year, anytime I was on 95, driving back/forth from NJ  to MD (I have family there) I left time for a visit. Now it's Lancaster and Frazer -- I don't think there are any other locations.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I miss it.  That store had plenty of jewelry, Christmas items, and Dennis Basso coats~!   I drove up from O.C. MD... shopping there gave me something to do on rainy days.  

I also love the Sea Quest shop (used to be at 45th St. shopping mall (which is gone!), now only on Coastal Hwy... their cotton beachwear is the best ...I still have a few pcs. that never wears out.   

@Shopaholic Jan  @yellowBeetle

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@yellowBeetle 

I love both Sea Colony and Bethany Beach, we are considering retiring to the area. 

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@Shopaholic Jan

@I am still oxox

Bethany Beach is such a lovely place!! How wonderful if you could retire there!! We started going to Sea Colony years ago when our son was in kindergarten.... Love the whole Bethany Beach area! I envy you!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

we have a place in bethany beach and i am seriously considering retiring there.....if i ever retire. LOL

i am actually going this weekend.

it is a wonderful area, especially during second season.

i am down often during the summer, but i also try to go at least once a month in the off season. it is so beautiful and peaceful! lots of great shopping and restaurants close by.....many within walking distance.

i was in the rehoboth outlet  last december before it closed......one day before it closed was the last day i was there. i loaded up my car with stuff some of the last few times i was in the area. i really miss it.....so much great stuff there at great pricing. the women behind the jewelry counters were always so helpful and friendly.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

We have been going to the area forever (for me - my grandmother was from the area and we drove up every summer since I was very young, and for dh - who started going when his sister got a summer job there and the whole family took her down and back), and we too hope to retire there someday! I never paid attention to the QVC outlet store before 10 years ago because I didn't know what QVC was! 

The first time I was in the outlet I was overwhelmed! I wandered to the back where there was some beautiful Polish pottery behind the case. The saleslady was telling me they couldn't keep it in. She said there were collectors who came almost every day to see what was there. I always wanted to get a piece but never did. I did get some Christmas presents there, including Lori Grenier's makeup cabinet,  and I found some other things throughout the years. 

I was surprised it closed not too long after they remodeled the inside. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

Smiley Happy I am so "jealous" due to family committments we have not been down there since 2014

@sunshine45 wrote:

we have a place in bethany beach and i am seriously considering retiring there.....if i ever retire. LOL

i am actually going this weekend.

it is a wonderful area, especially during second season.

i am down often during the summer, but i also try to go at least once a month in the off season. it is so beautiful and peaceful! lots of great shopping and restaurants close by.....many within walking distance.

i was in the rehoboth outlet  last december before it closed......one day before it closed was the last day i was there. i loaded up my car with stuff some of the last few times i was in the area. i really miss it.....so much great stuff there at great pricing. the women behind the jewelry counters were always so helpful and friendly.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

come on @I am still oxox!

still waiting for you to get back here.....i will buy you a drink! Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein