Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dedicated Soldier at Arlington

[ Edited ]

I pray for the souls of the departed who gave the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom we have in America.  God Bless them and may they rest in everlasting peace.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

My much loved high school sweetheart (U. S. Navy - Korea) and my precious husband, who passed in 2016 (U. S. Marines - WWII) are both  resting at Arlington.  Any picture or video of that blessed ground brings tears to my eyes.  I only wish I could visit there more often.

@Perkup  I agree - BF was in the Navy 26 years and is scheduled to be buried there mid July.  One of his friends is picking me up to drive me there which I greatly appreciate bc of the construction on the roads around Memorial Bridge and now Metro has begun their summer renovations at a lot of stops (and the site is unclear as to if the Cemetery stop is involved) but they are recommending ppl take a Metrobus there .  

I have a niece that years ago dated a Marine that was not part of the Old Guard but while stationed in DC was part of one of the color guard teams that is part of military services held there.  Rules were nowhere near as strict as the Old Guard but they did have some in that I've never seen him with a beer in his hand or a red solo cup in his hand (not sure if the red cup was a thing or not but know it's often synonymous with containing hard drinks at parties).   

Respected Contributor

For those interested Senator Tom Cotton has written a book about his tour at Arlington. The title is Sacred Duty: A Soldier's Tour at Arlington.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

saw this on Fox news this AM, this is amazing and so touching. thank you for sharing!

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

So moving @KingstonsMom.

Thank you for sharing this.

🇱🇷❤️