Thirsty little guy

20201125_122207.jpg

20201125_115635.jpg

20201125_115703.jpg

20201125_115742.jpg

20201125_115833.jpg

20201125_115952.jpg

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Valued Contributor

Re: Deck, squirrel, DEER, and Cricket

Great job on the deck. I love it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Nice deck, Cricket's a cutipie, beautiful deer, and, the squirrel needs to go on a diet!Woman LOL  

Happy Thanksgiving to all - give all these babies a special feast tomorrow!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the compliments on the deck.  We designed it but had it built by a local company.  We then had 7 yards of rock delivered.  PapaWick and I spread that and also did a perimeter around our back boundary.  Everything turned out better than we imagined.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick 

W O N D E R F U L job Wick's - I applaud you.  Love the ceiling fan, the space is so nice, clean and sweetly done. 

Great spot for a relaxing tea and some conversation - or just for watching the day turn to night.  

I keep water out on our patio cinderblock fence wall (I'm a city dweller living in a row home).

All the critters (opossum, racoons, birds, feral cats and squirrels are thirsty, so we help em get the clean stuff.

The fence is wide enough for a few water dishes filled constantly throughout the day.

I also put out red and green apples, pears and sliced dates....for the birds we put out mixed unsalted nuts and breadcrumbs. 

My cat Shadow loves watching the animals enjoy their snack, and he clack and chatters away at them from our patio door. 

I so wish I could have a home like yours - surrounded by the dear deers. 

That would be my version of heaven,  animals galore popping by to say hi and grab a snack.

Honored Contributor

Cricket and friends look like they are bonding and enjoying the day!  Even the squirrel is joining in.  Sweet peaceful nature, always welcome!

Happy Thanksgiving to the Wicks, enjoy your deck and collect many memories while sitting outside enjoying the great outdoors!

Honored Contributor

MamaWick,

Your deck and surroundings are a little bit of heaven on Earth.  You and PapaWick did a beautiful job of conceiving the idea for this sort of deck and carrying out your plan.  Enjoy your deck and home in good health on this Thanksgiving and for many years to come!

Honestly, I get the biggest charge out of Cricket.  I love her gutsiness.  She is not afraid of anything.  Her courage is admirable.

Your squirrel looks a bit different from my East Coast squirrel.  Am I correct in thinking your squirrel is a bit larger and has a bushier, wilder-looking tail than those over here with me?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Very nice deck...looks like a great place to relax especially with the weather we've been having in Texas.....(74 and no humidity)

Great to see Cricket and the gang enjoying a nice sunny day!!!!.......HUGS!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Beautiful deck and animals. Thanks for sharing!

Valued Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

Cricket and friends look like they are bonding and enjoying the day!  Even the squirrel is joining in.  Sweet peaceful nature, always welcome!

Happy Thanksgiving to the Wicks, enjoy your deck and collect many memories while sitting outside enjoying the great outdoors!

I was ready to post a message and I realized I couldn't say it any better. My thoughts exactly.