Honored Contributor

It has been 41 years ago today that we lost John Lennon. He was only 40 years old, probably had another 40 years, we were robbed of his talent and humanity. I lived in Queens, NY at the time, when the news broke I was asleep, I never expected to wake up to the devastating news of what happened. I was crying, hoping this couldn't be true, it must be a mistake, but unfortunately it was. John should have been able to grow old beside the love of his life Yoko, see Sean grow to be a man, and be a father to Julian. Who knows, he may have gone on to produce music that would have been amazing. Rest In Peace John, you were taken from us too soon, you will never be forgotten, you made a lasting impression on the music scene. 

Honored Contributor

This is a day when I always remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard the sad news.  

Honored Contributor

A very sad day, and a great talent lost. The songs of Lennon-McCartney will always be important in my life, just as they have been for almost 60 years. R.I.P. John Lennon,  murdered and gone much too soon.

Trusted Contributor

Wow!  Hard to believe it's been 41 years since John's tragic death.  I remember being at work and hearing the news on the radio.  RIP, John Lennon.

Respected Contributor

Forty years young...unbelievable. Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

I remember this day like it was yesterday. 😢