Esteemed Contributor

Re: Deceived By My Aetna Rx Part D Plan! Help Can’t Afford My Meds!

[ Edited ]

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Part D falls under the Open Enrollment options.

Now would be the time to make your change for next year.

@grammarqueen 

Medicare.Gov has a drug plan tool for 2020  on the front page of their site. 

A high monthly premium doesn't always mean a lower co-pay. 

Respected Contributor

I’ve had an Aetna Part D plan for the last 3 years.   I’ve noticed that they sometimes change the tiers on their medicines.  I got a letter this year that my Aetna Part D plan was being discontinued as of January 1, 2020 so I changed to another Part D plan. 

Honored Contributor

Did you give the counselor a list of all your drugs and dosages?  She should have been able to enter them all into her system and told you the exact amount you would be paying.  

Medicare Open Enrollment is until December 7th.  You should be able to change your plan.  You can enter your drugs yourself at Medicare.gov.  When I first signed up with Medicare I called OneExchange.com and they helped me.  I've done it myself since then.  Someone at your insurance company (home and auto) is probably qualified in Medicare and could help you with this, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

What a bummer! I am also shopping different plans and it is a mind numbing process. I hope you have a favorable outcome with this dispute.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't have Medicare, but I'm on several prescription drugs, one of which is very expensive and had no generic. When I was laid off and had to get insurance through the ACA, I met with a Navigator and brought my entire list of mediations with me. We downloaded the formulary for the plan I was interested in and checked the costs of every single drug I needed. It took a few extra minutes, but it prevented surprises.

I'm glad they told you to call your doctor about changing medications. I've had to do that when my insurance decided not to cover one I was on. It made a difference, but it's ridiculous that the insurance companies get to choose our medications and not our doctors.

Honored Contributor

Hubby and I have Premera Blue cross  as our secondary  insurance and pay no co pays ever. 

Honored Contributor

@grammarqueen @Go to Costco and see what their price will be.You don’t need to be a member for meds purchases.

QVC Customer Care

This topic is closed for commenting...