Honored Contributor

Death Toll in Italy

[ Edited ]

has surpassed China   3,405.  This is really shocking....I have no words...

(removal of link)

Trusted Contributor

Woman Sadwow Woman Sad

Italy today had 427 new deaths comparing China which had 8. My country Greece today had 1 new person died.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Death Toll in Italy

[ Edited ]

While I'm saddened and concerned about the totals, I'm skeptical about info about China.

Honored Contributor

Re: Death Toll in Italy

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan wrote:

While I'm saddened and concerned about the totals, I'm skeptical about info about China.

For some reason I thought China's population was 1 billion.  Wrong...it's 2 billion.   World population is 7.7 billionn (and growing)  It might be more.  We just have China's word.  Or it could be true.  You'd think any one country with a population of 2 billion would have a higher death toll then over a thousand.

Only species that are growing are humans.  Nearly all othr animals species are declining.  

Esteemed Contributor

Terribly sad.  So many families affected by this.  The country has been shut down, but, obviously this virus is far more potent than we know.

May their souls rest in peace.  May their loved ones receive the strength to deal with such tragedy.

Honored Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

Woman Sadwow Woman Sad

Italy today had 427 new deaths comparing China which had 8. My country Greece today had 1 new person died.

If China is being truthful, the lowered numbers are encoraging. 

Respected Contributor

Italy is clearly not doing well.  The are 1/5 our population and have over 19 times our death rate.  3405 to 171.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fanI'm trying to hope the China report is accurate  just because it means that taking draconian actions like they did and building lots more hospital beds, etc. can flatten the curve of new illnesses and new deaths to virtually nothing.

I understand why places are reporting new cases and new deaths day by day -  but my brain still needs to see the to-date totals.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@wildcat fanI'm trying to hope the China report is accurate  just because it means that taking draconian actions like they did and building lots more hospital beds, etc. can flatten the curve of new illnesses and new deaths to virtually nothing.

I understand why places are reporting new cases and new deaths day by day -  but my brain still needs to see the to-date totals.

@millieshopsworldometers.info/coronavirus   updates constantly.

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

Terribly sad.  So many families affected by this.  The country has been shut down, but, obviously this virus is far more potent than we know.

May their souls rest in peace.  May their loved ones receive the strength to deal with such tragedy.

Maybe not more potent -  maybe Italy did not have the capacity in the hospitals to help all their patients get well.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead