Frequent Contributor

Re: Dear QVC--a suggestion for overnight hours

I just found that out and thought something must be wrong. I am on evening shift and come home at midnight and noticed the change. I hate it. 

Valued Contributor

i can only think of ONE reason why there are re-runs overnight.
sales have dropped off considerably.

if the live overnight shows were making at least $250K in total a night, (my guess) they would not have stopped for a month.

i think i read that the overnight shows in november.

i also suspect that the newer hosts that are on overnight, may not be pulling their weight, as they say.
while some viewers may 'like' them, that doesn't translate into $sales$, know what i mean?

like many that have posted in this thread, i too am up overnight and when i use to watch on a regular basis, i would watch over night. since i have tuned out, i don't miss the overnight hours. i figured that since i am paying the cable company for all of those channels, i should watch some of them. <smile>

think about all of the money you have saved this month.

more then likely, pre-taping shows to air over night cost just as much as doing the show live.

who knows, maybe they did it to give the hosts that have been here a long time, some time off. and to let the newer hosts get more experience on the main channel.

It took some googling today to learn why I am seeing "prerecorded" programming during the overnight.  Very disappointed in this decision. I work the overnigth, so on nights off time i like going online looking at the recently air items, when I noted teh gap from 2 am to 7 am. Then because of sleeping problems. I have the TV playing and it is the same program  playing as "prerecorded. No inducement to keep watching, which yes I tend to shop after 1 am, so I flip the channel to a movie instead. Read this was a pilot so hoping they put things back to the way it was.

Honored Contributor

@srgtdj 

This thread shoud be moved to the Suggestion Box section.  Great idea!

Honored Contributor

Hmm...another reason I have for not watching any longer...that and getting rid of their best hosts. I remember when I looked forward to shows...depending on the host.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

I was up last night.  Turned on the Q.  By the time i turned it off i felt like i was in a Temptations Christmas Groundhog Movie starring a tall elf in a striped turntleneck.  

Esteemed Contributor

Beginning this Friday they are giving up 1 hour of the reruns, adding a live hour from 2 to 3 am Eastern.

At least it's a start in correcting an error (in my view.)