Honored Contributor

Re: Dear QVC--a suggestion for overnight hours

great idea!
Honored Contributor

I can't imagine sales being anything but minimal with that many repeated shows overnight. They should just sell those hours to infomercials like other channels do.

The overnight changes certainly upset the shoppers in our house. Would rather have fewer QVC/HSN channels than hours of the same items overnight.
Valued Contributor

@srgtdj wrote:

I always heard that QVC does a great job of collecting data--sales, profit margins, audience,etc.  If that's true then this decision to re-run the TSV show over and over for 6 hours makes no sense.

If you know your customers then you should know who the overnight customers tend to be...new mothers?  elderly consumers?  insomniacs?  people who work odd hours and overnight is their awake time?

Why not program pre-recorded shows to be of interest to the folks who tend to be awake and shopping overnight.  Or maybe set a schedule..it's 1 hour beauty, 1 our cooking, 1 hour home decor, 1 hour fashion, etc

It seems that there are SO many better options beyond 6 hours of the exact same show airing again and again.

I'm the 60 yr old insomniac.  I have watched and shopped overnight,  In fact, I am likley to buy more overnight because my resistence to the sales pitch is lower.  But you are losing me for those hours with nothing but repeats.

@srgtdj brilliant post.  I know my purchases have decreased to almost none since they stopped airing shows in the middle of the night here.  My next door neighbor stopped shopping as she always watched when her husband was asleep.  I watched as I am up all night.  Not everyone is available to watch shows during the day and/or they have lives other then watching a shopping network during daylight hours.  Certainly we can purchase on line but most of my purchases were due to seeing item on TV versus on-line.  We can think on the bright side as to how much our savings accounts are growing spending less.  Smiley Happy
Occasional Visitor

I agree with the majority. I have sleeping issues and most nights I am awake a lot. Plus many people are on shift work and they get home shortly before this begins. Perhaps fewer hours of repeats.

Honored Contributor

Yes, a variety of pre-recorded shows would be nice.

Throw in Fashions, too.  Even though availability might be limited at that time. 

'Give it a try', so to speak.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
New Contributor

Yes! I thought I was losing my mind the first time I realized what was happening. I wake up often throughout the night and used to love putting on QVC. I used to do a fair amount of overnight shopping. Why oh why would QVC choose to run the same one item over and over again? I would of course prefer live presentations. But if they are going to go with overnight reruns, at least show us reruns of different items!!!

Highlighted
New Contributor

I agree with you, too CharboPiplou! Even though I purchase a lot of items at QVC, the shipping costs make me sick! I do a lot of online shopping at another retail store, too. At least with them, they offer free shipping if your order is over $35. I wish QVC would consider this. Especially sickening if you realize the item you ordered from QVC is not what you thought it would be, and you have to pay that extra $6.95 to return it!

agree

Occasional Contributor

Fear Marguerite,   I agree with you!  And I, too, can't sleep and shop late at night.

Great Idea!