Respected Contributor

Re: Dear QVC--a suggestion for overnight hours

@x Hedge wrote:

@AuntG , my speculation about these boards eventually disappearing came from something dooBdoo wrote sometime back. 

But I think they're plugging lots of internal money leaks, and this move to overnight reruns is just one plug we see.

I enjoy these boards and would miss them if they went by the wayside.

Through the years, I have made many Q purchases based on posts right here.  One Day Only, free shipping opportunities, "As Is" finds, available clearance items and much more.  If they take away the boards I think that many shoppers might do less impulse spending.  

When they took away the Insider, I know my Q spending was much less.  I stopped buying the presale TSV items.  The Insider magazine tempted me, their non-stop email promotions just don't have the same appeal, at least for me. 

Honored Contributor

QVC has done this in the past and it didn't last long.  I don't know why it didn't last long or what prompted them to do it again.  In the past I seem to recall they showed various programs throughout the middle of the night, not the same thing for hours on end.  Why not just go totally off the air instead? 

Honored Contributor

This is quite bizarre. 

I can see having pre-recorded content at that time, as it's super expensive to do live tv.  But, just out of curiosity, I cruised through the Guide and see that every night it's all those hours of the same show over and over and over and over.  That is kind of crazy.  

I can also see having them show an hour of each of several completely different shows overnight, as the OP mentioned.  But to just show all those hours of the TSV that many times in a row is just offensive.

I also hope they would have variety for the overnight folks.  I don't watch, but I can see how it would be very frustrating.

Occasional Contributor

I too think repeating the TSV over and over again is a terrible idea.  I've watched QVC for years and one of the things I've liked is that it is always live.  So if I'm up at 3am (and I often am) there is something informative and entertaining to watch.  It was nice to see the new hosts taking their fledgling shows - there were times I even recorded an overnight show that interested me.  Being a night person, I more often than not ordered late at night.

I am so disappointed that QVC has gone this route...  I feel like the network has really let us down.

Respected Contributor

I love Marguerite's idea. In addition (as a compromise), a short pre-recorded presentation of the TSV could be inserted every other hour. They might make more viewers happy (although I don't know if that's a goal of the PTB).

Honored Contributor

Another thread on this in Suggestion Box. Popular gripe. I sleep at night

instead of in daytime, so, I don't care what they do when the chickens are waking up. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

It's not even worth trying to explain anymore.  Some people will just never understand time zones.

Esteemed Contributor

What I don't understand is why have 3 channels??  If they don't have the products/hosts to fill overnight on the main channel, why have 3 channels.  Most of it is reruns anyway.  Show those overnight on the main channel.  Seems like they could save the cost of so many hosts.

But, then, what do I know.  It just looks to me like the Q is going downhill.

Super Contributor

What about the drunks?  All the people who would call in and embarrass themselves. I guess they all got sober 🤪. But seriously I think QVC is missing the mark.  HSN is supposed to have a separate identity from QVC but here’s QVC copying their overnight strategy, weeks before Christmas no less.

But it seems like “save money at all costs” is the corporate mantra these days.  Our company deems it cheaper to have housekeeping work during the day.  So you get disruption from people dumping waste baskets and the bathroom is “closed” when my diuretics kick in.  Sucks for quality of life but saves a few bucks.

Super Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Might as well put a picture of a fireplace on the screen instead of endless hours of the same TSV. Same results.

And the videos of Christmas Carolers they show on Christmas!