Trusted Contributor

Re: Dear QVC--a suggestion for overnight hours

In the mean time tomorrow we have 9 hours of the Keurig.  The KEURIG!  9 hours on making coffee.  Granted 5 hours of that is repeats but still 9 Freaking hours.  How on earth is this a good thing?  

A Product they have already beaten to death but by all means lets devote 9 hours of valuable airtime to a coffee maker.

Sorry gang just frustrated with what I consider a really bad decision. 

I am the first to admit I don't have a business degree but I am a consumer and while my tastes are different than the tastes of others,  this is nuts.

Not to worry I will NOT be watching nor will I be ordering.  

Not only do I feel bad for QVC fans, but I also feel bad for the people whose jobs have been impacted by this.

Ok rant over!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes @srgtdj .

Perhaps they should've kept live broadcasting all night, and saved that money someplace else.

Like shutting down these boards???

Honored Contributor

How much do the boards cost them @x Hedge ? The moderators aren't paid close to what the hosts cost them. Other than David, with his loyal following, no host is worth a half million a year. The first thing I'd do is set salary caps for on air talent.

Valued Contributor

I am one who has purchased in the middle of the night. Due to certain situations I do not sleep well sometimes and I would turn on the TV. I will now turn on the weather channel or in a few weeks the Hallmark Channels are going 24 hour shows. 

I turned on the TV yesterday morning and felt I was in a version of Groundhog Day. 

I understand that they want cost cutting ways. So shut off the other QVC 2 and put the effort into one channel. The way things are perhaps more people will be turned off than will be returning to the Q when it is "over" in 4 weeks.

Respected Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

What I don't understand is why they do not have a "live" show at 6 a.m.  Even our local news stations start at 4 a.m.  People are up!  

———————————

Likewise for people who stay up past 11 in the west. We are currently in sync with West Coast time and I would certainly watch a show of interest later.

Honored Contributor

At this point, this is only a temporary situation.  Maybe they're going to use the down time to revamp the glitches in their systems. 🤞🙏🤣🤣🤣

I understand the need to cut costs and that the biggest costs of any company are normally their real live employees.  Using fewer people is going to continue everywhere.  Companies exist to make money, and if they're not, they won't be around long.  

But as a permanent cost-saving measure, I'm sure they can find other things to cut.  And I'm sure they will.  (Like having three stations running reruns at the same time.)

I don't know what is on the minds of the people running QVC.  I'm not in the demographic they're targeting.  I don't buy a lot from them anymore; the fact is, I buy less discretionary items from everyone now.  They'll do what they think will work for them, and if it doesn't work for me, I won't participate.  Just like I do with other retailers.

Respected Contributor

I can't even begin to understand why they have 3 channels.  Just go back to one channel and stop all the reruns.

Valued Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

In the mean time tomorrow we have 9 hours of the Keurig.  The KEURIG!  9 hours on making coffee.  Granted 5 hours of that is repeats but still 9 Freaking hours.  How on earth is this a good thing?  

A Product they have already beaten to death but by all means lets devote 9 hours of valuable airtime to a coffee maker.

Sorry gang just frustrated with what I consider a really bad decision. 

I am the first to admit I don't have a business degree but I am a consumer and while my tastes are different than the tastes of others,  this is nuts.

Not to worry I will NOT be watching nor will I be ordering.  

Not only do I feel bad for QVC fans, but I also feel bad for the people whose jobs have been impacted by this.

Ok rant over!

ITA--Whoever is making these decisions has lost their mind! I honestly don't see the Q being around much longer. Of course that is just my opinion, but just the way things are going & have been going....it definitely doesn't look good for them!

~ Hope in TN ~
Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Rick is hosting the Keurig TSV tonight.

After the first hour they won't need to go into reruns.  Rick could keep going on caffeine until 7 am.

😂🤣

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG , my speculation about these boards eventually disappearing came from something dooBdoo wrote sometime back. 

But I think they're plugging lots of internal money leaks, and this move to overnight reruns is just one plug we see.