Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dear QVC--a suggestion for overnight hours

to me it doesn't matter that it's previously aired. 

even when it's live, it's likely a repeat product or tsv aired to death.

I just feel bad for people that may have lost their job, or had their hours cut back.

Honored Contributor

One would think they realize people have TV on by 4:30 am. That's when local news comes on, and once I see the weather, I turn away from local news to QVC.  Do you think they are reading the boards?

Respected Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

to me it doesn't matter that it's previously aired. 

even when it's live, it's likely a repeat product or tsv aired to death.

I just feel bad for people that may have lost their job, or had their hours cut back.

@Mary Bailey: I, too, was wondering what does it mean for the newer hosts? How is QVC going to work them into the day and evening hours? Hopefully, no one will lost their job over this decision. 

Respected Contributor

Just another poor management decision by tptb. Who is going to watch the same programming hours on end?? QVC, if you are going to repeats overnight, follow HSN's lead and have different hosts and items all on tape. Mix it up. Extremely poor decision by the company.

Esteemed Contributor

Might as well put a picture of a fireplace on the screen instead of endless hours of the same TSV. Same results.

Honored Contributor

Q2 and Q3 are on all night long and both have "pre taped" or Encore programming.  

Honored Contributor

They would be more apt to see this post in the Suggestion Box not Community Chat.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

One would think they realize people have TV on by 4:30 am. That's when local news comes on, and once I see the weather, I turn away from local news to QVC.  Do you think they are reading the boards?

For feedback?  No. 

I think this change is based on years of research, perhaps including surveying shoppers who've bought during overnight hours. (I'd have avoided surveying any customers who are registered to post here.)

Super Contributor

Promoting the TSV for hours on end is ridiculous. You have Q2 and Q3. I watch neither. I don't like reruns. I am up during the hours of 2am to 7am. I want to see live TV 24/7.  I will buy less now that QVC has implemented this new format.

Esteemed Contributor

I think that there was no thought, research, insight or analysis put into this decision.

I think it's a knee-jerk response by a new President to a fiscal dilemma.

Broadcast television is no longer relevant to her vision of a virtually 100% digital future.