Super Contributor

Dear QVC--a suggestion for overnight hours

I always heard that QVC does a great job of collecting data--sales, profit margins, audience,etc.  If that's true then this decision to re-run the TSV show over and over for 6 hours makes no sense.

If you know your customers then you should know who the overnight customers tend to be...new mothers?  elderly consumers?  insomniacs?  people who work odd hours and overnight is their awake time?

Why not program pre-recorded shows to be of interest to the folks who tend to be awake and shopping overnight.  Or maybe set a schedule..it's 1 hour beauty, 1 our cooking, 1 hour home decor, 1 hour fashion, etc

It seems that there are SO many better options beyond 6 hours of the exact same show airing again and again.

I'm the 60 yr old insomniac.  I have watched and shopped overnight,  In fact, I am likley to buy more overnight because my resistence to the sales pitch is lower.  But you are losing me for those hours with nothing but repeats.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dear QVC--a suggestion for overnight hours

@srgtdj I agree with you.  Even if the shows are pre-taped at least show a variety of programming instead of the same thing for 5 hours.  

Valued Contributor

ITA! I think this was a horrible decision. I really hope they re-consider!

~ Hope in TN ~
Respected Contributor

very good @srgtdj .

Respected Contributor

This changed when the 2 stations merged (HSN +QVC) HDN does the same thing I just noticed recently. I guess they are saving money. What happened to all of the overnight hosts?  Having the same shows all night is ridiculous.

Occasional Contributor

From the beginning QVC was live except for Christmas. What happened. I do not want to watch six hours of the same show and if I want reruns the other 2 channels have them. THEY   HAVE FAILED IN THE CONVENIENCE DEPARTMENT 

Respected Contributor

I remember feeding my baby in the middle of the night and watching Lisa Robertson in the 90's.  QVC has some great items back then. 

Esteemed Contributor

HSN started this in June 2019 and let go 3 hosts almost immediately thereafter, which made sense business-wise because they no longer need that many.

I'm also unhappy with the decision as I watch and shop during these hours.

However, I don't think our opinions will matter relative to this issue.

And if they do make this change permanent, I would certainly expect a number of hosts to go.

Respected Contributor

I wonder why QVC decided to do that !  Slow sales?  Not enough help?  Amazon hitting them to hard?  Puzzling - and seems a bit 'fakey' now.

Trusted Contributor

What I don't understand is why they do not have a "live" show at 6 a.m.  Even our local news stations start at 4 a.m.  People are up!