Honored Contributor

Re: Deadly Tornado Hits Alabama

Very sad....My prayers and thoughts go out to those impacted....

Image result for cat praying

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

The destruction is just horrible.  And the loss of life is just so sad.  Breaks my heart.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Valued Contributor

Many thoughts and prayers to all those who were and are still affected by this natural disaster.

To those who unfortunately passed may they  all R.I.P. and prayers continue for their families.

Valued Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

@Hooty   Hey hooty, I'm glad to find you here.  I have been worried about you and glad to hear that you are alright.  Birmingham didn't get any rough weather.  Just thunderstorms and very heavy rain.  I'm praying for Lee County.  Love, SC    

Hey Y'all!  I'm in Homewood and also glad to know where y'all are and are safe.  Lee Co. is so awful with all the loss!

I am already scared about this coming Sat.  WE are ALL in the

Bullseye for that, so far.

Monke~

Honored Contributor

All missing people have been accounted for now.

Healing will take a long time but folks always work together in disasters.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I was about to give a lot of clothing of mine and DH since he has lost a lot of weight and I have lost weight as well, a whole dress size, such that they are unable to be altered without making a total new dress or suit.  I was going to give them to a woman's shelter but I have given so much to them.  I want to give to these people and a friend told me to take to Red Cross and designate that is where they go, so I plan to do that tomorrow morning.  So hope someone can find something here to wear that will make them smile amidst all this sorrow.

Honored Contributor

Saw a story on CBS Morning Show about a family that survived. One of their children has a dark bruise of the mother's hand print from her holding on to and shielding the child.

Just so devastating 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"