Honored Contributor

Re: Deadliest day for China in virus fight as global fears mount

@QueenDanceALot @Stay well.. are those shots I told you about.I find they help with energy too.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

When it comes to worrying, I ask myself what I can accomplish by worrying. Does worrying actually do anything?

I can take sensible measures and worry. Or I can take sensible measures and not worry. Experience has shown that I can be just as safe while not worrying.

When I've very occasionally found myself in an actual urgent or emergency situation, I certainly wasn't worrying at the time. I was handling what was in front of me. So even then, worrying made no sense and did not even occur to me.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain @I like your thinking..don’t know if I can achieve that but it is a good plan.

Honored Contributor

@dex  If you're interested, I'd recommend the book, The Worry Cure: Seven Steps to Stop Worry from Stopping You by Dr. Robert L. Leahy. It really helped me get a handle on it. I was having trouble sleeping because I worried so badly, not about health but about other things, and it's not an issue for me anymore.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@dex  If you're interested, I'd recommend the book, The Worry Cure: Seven Steps to Stop Worry from Stopping You by Dr. Robert L. Leahy. It really helped me get a handle on it. I was having trouble sleeping because I worried so badly, not about health but about other things, and it's not an issue for me anymore.

Thanks.I could benefit from a few less worries.It seems that there are endless things to worry over if you are the type.

Valued Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

Chicago has the first case of person to person spread of the virus.  Just reported.

Yes, the wife traveled to China and brought it back to her husband.  They are both in a hospital 11 miles from my home.  

Esteemed Contributor

@DearPrudence wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

Chicago has the first case of person to person spread of the virus.  Just reported.

Yes, the wife traveled to China and brought it back to her husband.  They are both in a hospital 11 miles from my home.  

That’s a little too close for comfort.  Stay well.

Honored Contributor

Some should pay more attention to health reports , on tv,and otherwise.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Not that simple.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

My take on this? It has been around a while longer than first thought. .  How many cases of it and travelers moved in and out of the area being mistaken for a cold or the flu before that corona virus was at last identified?

I would still follow the travel bans being put in place and I applaud those travelers who upon returning from suspect areas are doing a voluntary stay at home isolation for 2 weeks. 

Can't blame the travelers, the virus can be spread before they ever felt sick so who knew? 

Airline travel spreads illness around the globe faster than any other period in history. 

all we can do is our own part not to spread "germs".

Wash hands, sneeze into your sleeve, Don't rub your eyes or touch your face or mouth with your hands.  Wash your hands.  Avoid people if you don't feel well.  Take care of yourself. 

My question of the day is How are all those citizens in China who are on "quarantine" being fed?  Are stores still being stocked?  Haven't heard much about that.

Be well all.