Honored Contributor

I live in an area that are all one acre lots surrounded by woods.

I used to see a lot of mice when my other cat was around.  Jack the cat, he was a real 'mouser'.

He was always bringing me 'presents'.  He brought me live bunny rabbits (I took them away from where he goes).

But the thing I remember the most.....  So let me set the scene here:

I was sound asleep.  I used to keep my bedroom door open and Jack and Fabio and Annabelle would come and sleep but not wake me up.

I can't do that now because Bill the cat thinks I should run a 24 hour food service.

So, I think I'd just entered a deep sleep when I felt something jump up on me!  I sat straight up in bed!  

Just about that time a mouse (that Jack had dropped on my forehead) ran down my boobs into the bed covers!  

I jumped up from the bed, unraveling the covers and ran (tripping) into the master bathroom.

I didn't shut the door quick enough so the mouse came running in along with Jack the cat!

Here we were all three of us in this very small bathroom.

The shower had a sliding glass door.  I jumped in there and (if you think I was alone...think again)...in comes the mouse and in comes Jack the cat.

I slid open the glass door and ran out of the bathroom...this time I left the door open ......

In came the mouse followed by Jack the cat.....

I ran into the hallway and tripped on the covers I'd slung off of the bed.  The mouse ran on down the hallway....followed by (you guessed it...Jack the cat).

I unraveled myself just in time to see the mouse heading downstairs to the rec room followed closely by Jack...the cat.

I ran back into the bedroom, shut the door and eventually fell asleep........

The next morning I snuck down into the rec room to see Fabio and Annabelle ..... and...yes...Jack standing over a tiny DEAD mouse!

I remember my late husband used to say cats like to play with them eventually killing them.

I didn't see any blood (the murder must have happened in another room).....no one admitted to having killed the mouse.

I picked it up and looked back as I was putting it into the trash can to see the three of them walking off as if to say, "We will never tell".

Jack the cat 1.....Mouse 0

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I live in an area that are all one acre lots surrounded by woods.

I used to see a lot of mice when my other cat was around.  Jack the cat, he was a real 'mouser'.

He was always bringing me 'presents'.  He brought me live bunny rabbits (I took them away from where he goes).

But the thing I remember the most.....  So let me set the scene here:

I was sound asleep.  I used to keep my bedroom door open and Jack and Fabio and Annabelle would come and sleep but not wake me up.

I can't do that now because Bill the cat thinks I should run a 24 hour food service.

So, I think I'd just entered a deep sleep when I felt something jump up on me!  I sat straight up in bed!  

Just about that time a mouse (that Jack had dropped on my forehead) ran down my boobs into the bed covers!  

I jumped up from the bed, unraveling the covers and ran (tripping) into the master bathroom.

I didn't shut the door quick enough so the mouse came running in along with Jack the cat!

Here we were all three of us in this very small bathroom.

The shower had a sliding glass door.  I jumped in there and (if you think I was alone...think again)...in comes the mouse and in comes Jack the cat.

I slid open the glass door and ran out of the bathroom...this time I left the door open ......

In came the mouse followed by Jack the cat.....

I ran into the hallway and tripped on the covers I'd slung off of the bed.  The mouse ran on down the hallway....followed by (you guessed it...Jack the cat).

I unraveled myself just in time to see the mouse heading downstairs to the rec room followed closely by Jack...the cat.

I ran back into the bedroom, shut the door and eventually fell asleep........

The next morning I snuck down into the rec room to see Fabio and Annabelle ..... and...yes...Jack standing over a tiny DEAD mouse!

I remember my late husband used to say cats like to play with them eventually killing them.

I didn't see any blood (the murder must have happened in another room).....no one admitted to having killed the mouse.

I picked it up and looked back as I was putting it into the trash can to see the three of them walking off as if to say, "We will never tell".

Jack the cat 1.....Mouse 0

lol omg what a story! i only wish that was video taped lol... hilarious now.. but not when it happened