Respected Contributor

@Sage04 Yes, you can use steer manure or chicken manure as a natural fertilizer. It is organic as is my garden. I will let it sit for a few days and then add my organic raised bed soil. I enjoy having a vegetable garden every year and what I don't grow, I get at the farmer's market.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dead Boards

[ Edited ]

I prefer the controversial topics not be here.  There are posters who continually slide their politically slanted opinions into various threads....like we are all stupid and won't notice?  I find it hard to bite my tongue, so I am always glad if that kind of thread gets shut down. 

I come to the forums because I enjoy reading about the items people have bought, decorating, fashion and makeup tips, and heads-up on good deals for shoppers, at QVC and other retailers.

I enjoy reading recipes people share, and have used many.  I really like the decluttering thread, as it inspires me to keep working at clearing unneeded excess from my space.  

I find some of the "What would you do if...." threads interesting.  Kind of like reading Ann Landers columns, but with a bunch of different answers.

I can't have a pet now, but I enjoy reading about posters' furbabies and seeing their pictures.  I like how posters are kind and supportive when someone is facing an illness or death in their family.

If I want to discuss religion or politics I have friends and family a phone call away.  I have Facebook friends with varied opinions....these are people I actually DO know personally....and I get differing perspectives from those venues.  And sometimes those conversations get tense and emotionally-charged.

I don't come here to get tense....I want to just enjoy light entertainment.  

So I don't really feel the boards are dead.  I am glad for the moderation.

Honored Contributor

The board should be inclusive, something for everyone. I never stop by the beauty or kitchen forums because they don't interest me, but I'd never request they be eliminated.

I pass by many threads in the community forum for the same reason. I don't care to discuss politics or religion. What does interest me are topics that current, water cooler talk. Unfortunately, those are few and soon disappear. It's hardly worth getting involved in reading, much less posting on them.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 

I've wondered about how everyone deals with so many purchases.  I have been buying a lot during this pandemic as well.  I counted the number of pairs of shoes I have purchased in the last year, and it is embarrassing. 

When I was employed, I didn't even buy the amount of clothes I now purchase!

I rounded up a lot of items, folded them nicely and took them to a donation spot.  It felt good, but my closet is still too full. 

Re:  your original question:  the most interesting thing I did yesterday was get my hair cut and a body wave perm.  It felt great!  It had been about 14 months!

My husband got his first real haircut about a week ago.  I had been cutting his hair, and the barber said

he noticed!  haha

Respected Contributor

I didn't read all the threads yet, but I agree that more could be said (and safely)!

I've been reading incessantly throughout the last year (thoroughly enjoying myself). I've also gotten addicted to various PBS series (Netflix is wonderful) and I record a couple judge shows ("Judge Judy" and "Hot Bench") every day. I also like to watch "Cheaters"  now and then.

I've been straightening up my possessions (lots of paper from classes I've taught, in addition to a great deal of music from my various pursuits). It's looking a lot better!

As I said, I have things to say. I suppose I'll do that. People can feel free to skip over my opinions, if necessary!

Honored Contributor

@Susan in California    Me too @Susan in California.  I also got a haircut.  Mine is always wash "n go but I had it cut very short, a summer cut. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Ive never seen so few new threads here.  Hasn't anyone done anything interesting or fun this week-end?  Maybe everyone has been busy? 

It was a beautiful day here, breezy but sunny and bright.  There is a ton of fresh, new snow on the mountains from this week's storm.  The Bradford Pears and Purple Leaf Plums are in full bloom.  It was a perfect (for me) 67°.

@Kachina624   Do you have other interests besides the board? Hobbies to occupy your time? Reading? Playing an instrument?

@Pearlee   Of course what kind of question is that? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Whatever the reason, I have noticed that there are very few new threads on the boards.  Activity is very low these days. 

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

Something new to me. Has anyone realized that the box that holds your notifications is on the right hand side under the word Notification?

Please don't tell it it was always there lol. From what I remember it was between your forum name and notification.

I'm glad you mentioned it, @Sage04.😊  It looks different to me.  From looking around, I see there were problems — again — yesterday, so I guess there's been another "update."  I wonder what else has changed.🤔🙀

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I've been decluttering and packing getting a head start on our move.  That pretty much occupies most of my free time.  
I've been pretty stressed about it but the best thing for me is to do something with that energy instead of worrying and then I feel more in control. 

Sending good vibes and positive energy to you, @GenXmuse.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova