Honored Contributor

Re: Dead Boards

[ Edited ]

@Spurt  The bluebonnets are lovely and the poppies are steallar. We have Virginia Bluebells here and they're just getting ready to bloom.

Enchanted Forests Carpeted in Beautiful Bluebells

Virginia Bluebells Plant: How to Grow and Care for Virginia Bluebells

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt  The bluebonnets are lovely and the poppies are steallar. We have Virginia Bluebells here and they're just getting ready to bloom...

1989 Virginia Bluebells (Mertensia Virginica) | VNPS

@stevieb 

Those are beautiful....and I heard the Cherry Blossoms in your area are blooming too..... Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt   From what I have read the bluebonnets will bloom but later than usual.  We see them on the way to market but not just yet.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt   From what I have read the bluebonnets will bloom but later than usual.  We see them on the way to market but not just yet.

@Cakers3 

Yep, they said they are just a bit late this year....but the recent warm spell is bringing more and more of them out....I just hope the Highway Dept doesnt start mowing before the flowers are ready....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Ugh. I miss those Texas bluebonnets.  Should plant some here in NorCal. 

Honored Contributor

This thread appears to have 'livened up' these boards for some posters.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I enjoy a spirited discussion. I'd rather be tense than bored. I'm an adult; I can take a bit of snark, sometimes it's plenty amusing.

@occasionalrain  I absolutely agree with you and I'd note the threads one chooses for participation are entirely elective, so if a thread is making one 'tense' then one can leave it. I can respect that posters find pleasure in the topics they enjoy. I enjoy some of them too, but there is room here for more diversity of areas for discussion, and perhaps they ought to respect that reality, though there's little likelihood we'll see a loosening of the reins...

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

Ugh. I miss those Texas bluebonnets.  Should plant some here in NorCal. 

@Sushismom 

You could probably try planting them to see how they would do in NorCal, they are planted in the fall, need to be watered well, and come up in the spring........ Google Texas Wildseed Farm, Fredricksburg, TX....they have an online catalog and offer seeds for planting.... (cant post the link, prohibited by the Forum guidelines)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt  No cherry blossoms in my immediate area and don't know about those the short distance away in The Qwapital... I'm not a big fan... They're pretty but they last a very short time and make a big mess when the blossoms fall...

Respected Contributor

@Spurt 

I've often wondered how well they'd do here. I've lived here now for 55 years. You'd think I'd try growing them before, but nooooo. Instead, I just miss them every year, lol!