Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@magicmoodz    Unless a post is a blatant violation of the rules, I'm of the opinion that poster reports have little influence on the mods.  They understand that some people will report something just because they don't like the subject.  We'd have nothing to read if they listened to every whiner. 

@Kachina624 

I know for a fact we can request a post be deleted. I have only done it once for extenuating circumstances. A poster came after me like a rabid dog and to this day I cannot understand why. I was really flabbergasted and reported her post. I applaud the mods for immediately deleting her post.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dead Boards

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain  There is a rule about insulting people, it's in the guidelines

• Personal attacks are not allowed - Don't attack or insult another Community member. It's not helpful and it doesn't make for a friendly place. This includes calling other members names. Disagreement is no excuse for poor manners and we will not allow frustration to turn into a personal attack.

There are "roundabout" ways that some people go about doing this.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Fresher wrote:

Maybe people are tired of being criticized when they post.

As a new poster almost four years ago, I was actually attacked and criticized terribly. I posted pictures with just about every post for the first six months. It really made me think twice but I am pretty tough (when I want to be) and I liked so many of the ladies that I stayed the course.

The personal attacks and the overall negative feelings are the reasons I feel so many posters have left. We can all state our opinions but that does not give anyone the right to be so forceful and tactless. I rarely post anymore and my visiting is way down.....I'm just not into the negativity.  

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@magicmoodz    Unless a post is a blatant violation of the rules, I'm of the opinion that poster reports have little influence on the mods.  They understand that some people will report something just because they don't like the subject.  We'd have nothing to read if they listened to every whiner. 

@Kachina624 

I know for a fact we can request a post be deleted. I have only done it once for extenuating circumstances. A poster came after me like a rabid dog and to this day I cannot understand why. I was really flabbergasted and reported her post. I applaud the mods for immediately deleting her post.

@magicmoodz    That's a blatant violation of the rules. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee    I think that's just some kind of weird, crazy, illogical jealously because you have pretty things and the knack of arranging them attractively. 

I get attacked because I have so many posts.  Duh, if people had been around as long as I, they'd have a lot of posts too. There are others of us who have even more. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good points @Kachina624 . I find it even more disturbing that someone actually cares how many posts you (or anyone else for that matter) has. What difference does that make?  I could care less if you have 3 posts or 3 million.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44    I think the mods have become so busy with their CS duties, they don't have time to monitor threads that might take a turn so they just zap them "just in case". 

I know I'm tired of crafting a thoughtful reply to a new post that's not in violation of the rules only to discover that it's gone because it "might" become argumentative or whatever....

I also often wonder at what point a host gets pinged for being "unkind" to us?  That is the most likely scenario for unkindness. 

@Kafchina624 

Great thread! I admit I spend very little time on the forums anymore. What once was a robust, informative and fun place to share has been replaced by heavy-handed moderation.

I doubt that any of us knows just exactly how busy the moderators are. I see every once in a while they will assist a poster, but don't most purchasers contact customer service with a problem?

The mods certainly don't have to justify their actions, but it would be nice to hear from them concerning this matter.

@magicmoodz  While I don't think other posters reporting is a big part of the issue, I absolutely agree with your statements, above... What I also take issue with is the variability... Two posters can make very similar statements and one will stand while the other is deleted and it's hard not to suspect it isn't sometimes 'personal'... Moreover, sometimes a statement is removed but the moderator will 'own' the action and offer some sort of reason, but increasingly some don't bother, so there's really no accountability... Understandably the guidelines can't always be interpreted uniformly, but a little more consistency in their application and in the methodology employed for moderating might be appreciated...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

Good points @Kachina624 . I find it even more disturbing that someone actually cares how many posts you (or anyone else for that matter) has. What difference does that make?  I could care less if you have 3 posts or 3 million.

@KKJ    Exactly!  Doesn't mean a thing. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have actually been turned off by the constant bickering. It does not matter what the topic is, somehow it turns, into a silly squabble. I have no problems with people that have different opinions then I. However, you have some that act as if they are getting paid to disagree. They will come back to the same thread and have numerous confrontational posts, with different posters.   I have started just looking at threads and if it's not a generic topic, for the most part I pass.  It's just exhausting being on these boards sometimes.

Do any of us really need this? This is a rhetorical question. 

I stick primarily to the Book Forum.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I get attacked because I have so many posts.  Duh, if people had been around as long as I, they'd have a lot of posts too. There are others of us who have even more. 

I've been around for quite a while. However, I don't post often so my count is low. I, too, don't care if you have 10 posts or 100,000 posts.