Honored Contributor

Nobody here buys Dawn, at least in part, because they are able to save baby ducks?   Seriously?  Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

What I learned recently from plumber (thru friend problem)

If clogged:

Pour bottle of regular Dawn blue into toilet allow 1-2 hours to sit. Do not flush ...

Will unclog toilet by breaking up clog.  

My friend & I were amazed because calling the plumber was the last resort after trying everything.  Ofcourse, never use Drano, Liquid plumber cleaner in toilets.

As a precaution, once a month I've been pouring 1/2 bottle in toilets ...

No problems as yet for me🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

What I learned recently from plumber (thru friend problem)

If clogged:

Pour bottle of regular Dawn blue into toilet allow 1-2 hours to sit. Do not flush ...

Will unclog toilet by breaking up clog.  

My friend & I were amazed because calling the plumber was the last resort after trying everything.  Ofcourse, never use Drano, Liquid plumber cleaner in toilets.

As a precaution, once a month I've been pouring 1/2 bottle in toilets ...

No problems as yet for me🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

For a clog what size bottle are you talking about, thanks

Esteemed Contributor

I Googled it to make sure and yes, Dawn (made by P & G) does animal testing. 

Kind of makes you wonder if the "ducks in the oil" is a diversion tactic....just saying.....

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

I'll love to try washing my hair with the unscented 'free and whatever' version!  If available in my area.

I haven't been to the laundry aisle in my supermarket in years.  Too many harsh fragranced odors/chemicals. 

For many years, I've had people pick up my Purex Free and Clear laundry detergent from our local nation-wide pharmacy, when on sale.

I don't think dish detergent should be used on your hair.  If you do, just rinse it right away @ROMARY .  Come back and let us know how it worked out.Woman Happy

I often wash my hair with Dawn and I am a licensed hairdresser.

Many skilled nursing homes wash the hair of elderly folks with Dawn.  It is safe to use on your hair and body.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

I'll love to try washing my hair with the unscented 'free and whatever' version!  If available in my area.

I haven't been to the laundry aisle in my supermarket in years.  Too many harsh fragranced odors/chemicals. 

For many years, I've had people pick up my Purex Free and Clear laundry detergent from our local nation-wide pharmacy, when on sale.

I don't think dish detergent should be used on your hair.  If you do, just rinse it right away @ROMARY .  Come back and let us know how it worked out.Woman Happy

I often wash my hair with Dawn and I am a licensed hairdresser.

Many skilled nursing homes wash the hair of elderly folks with Dawn.  It is safe to use on your hair and body.

@Carmie do what you gotta do!  Woman Happy

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life