Honored Contributor

I'll love to try washing my hair with the unscented 'free and whatever' version!  If available in my area.

I haven't been to the laundry aisle in my supermarket in years.  Too many harsh fragranced odors/chemicals. 

For many years, I've had people pick up my Purex Free and Clear laundry detergent from our local nation-wide pharmacy, when on sale.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I'll love to try washing my hair with the unscented 'free and whatever' version!  If available in my area.

I haven't been to the laundry aisle in my supermarket in years.  Too many harsh fragranced odors/chemicals. 

For many years, I've had people pick up my Purex Free and Clear laundry detergent from our local nation-wide pharmacy, when on sale.

I don't think dish detergent should be used on your hair.  If you do, just rinse it right away @ROMARY .  Come back and let us know how it worked out.Woman Happy

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

If you color your hair, I would think twice about washing your hair with Dawn. It might strip the coloring right out of your hair.

Respected Contributor

I also love Dawn, but I was low and bought a bottle of Palomive, and it was thin like water.  Always thought it was thick like blue dawn.  Hmmmm.  

Esteemed Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

I also love Dawn, but I was low and bought a bottle of Palomive, and it was thin like water.  Always thought it was thick like blue dawn.  Hmmmm.  

When you can't get Dawn you're better off getting CP's Ajax dish washing liquid.  Of the two that CP makes Ajax acts more like Dawn @lynnie61 .  Palmolive is ok, but it was always a last resort.  The rely on the old name recognition to sell.  That's it.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset   thanks.  The store I was at had no extra large Dawn.  At least I got a small bottle of Palmolive.  I don’t recall it being thin.  Thanks for letting me know about Ajax, but I should stick with my Dawn. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

I agree. If oil or grease is the problem, Dawn will fix it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I buy either the Palmolive original green, very thick and rich or the new blue with Oxy, excellent, also thick and rich. 

Respected Contributor

I use blue Dawn on my horses' legs to get grass stains and mud off.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Dawn dish detergent

[ Edited ]

OMG ...  what about the baby ducks that were covered after an oil slick ruined several miles of coastline?

After I saw the commercial where Dawn was tough enough, yet gentle enough,  to remove oil off little ducks I was buying it to support the company.

GREAT marketing campaign!

Turned out to be a very effective dish soap, too.  

Dawn Helps Save Wildlife | Dawn Dish Soap

Synergy PR : Dawn and Ducks: Excellence in Cause Marketing

Dawn and International Bird Rescue Celebrate 40-Year ...