Respected Contributor

David’s Cheesecakes (HSN) vs. Juniors

[ Edited ]

Opinions, which tastes better?  Thinking about sending as Christmas gifts.  Thank you!  🧡💛🧡

Respected Contributor

Re: David’s Cheesecakes (HSN) vs. Juniors

I was going to tell you Juniors because a couple months ago it was really very delicious but the one from a few weeks ago (both ordered from Juniors directly) was dry and crumbly.

Both were the plain.

I think they are both equally good but seriously I would go directly into the website and order.  Both the Q and HSN are order takers and you are at the mercy of these companies who has no control over when the vendor sends them.   Ordering direct, at least you can call and get a confirmed ship date.

If you are a member of Costco, that's the best deal, 2 cheesecakes from Davids for $49.99.

Never had a problem with Costco's outside vendors at all, even the flowers I sent on numerous occasions were over and above what I expected.

Honored Contributor

@ I have tried both but in my opinion Junior's is better and a more authentic cheesecake.  Junior's has graham cracker crumb crust and Junior's has spongecake crust which is way better plus is tastier and richer and fuller flavored.

Respected Contributor

Juniors is my least favorite cheesecake. To me, cheesecake has a graham cracker crust.  That's how I make it, that's how I like it. Don't like a spongcake crust at all. No flavor, no contrast in texture.

I've had David's and really like theirs. Not at all gummy like some can be. I especially like the presliced cakes.

HSN has a 20% offer that probable ends at midnight tonight. I've used that discount several times on the cheesecakes.

Something else to think about is checking Goldbelly's website. Currently they have a 30% off selected desserts, but I think most for this sale ship only until end of November. But they offer discounts on select items often and  as long as you sign up and provide an email you should get notified of sales.  I've order through them numerous times and think they provide great service.

Esteemed Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

Opinions, which tastes better?  Thinking about sending as Christmas gifts.  Thank you!  🧡💛🧡

Of course, "taste" is subjective but I would never pass on Junior's Cheesecake.  Born in Brooklyn, NY.  Never to be duplicated.  LOL.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Valued Contributor

Juniors hands down.

Never tried Davids but I think their cookies are terrible. Would never order anything from them.

Queens girl here.

Respected Contributor

Juniors! Real New York cheesecake. The only kind I really like!🍰😋

*I've had both.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone, truly appreciate you, and your responses.  Sounds like Juniors wins!  

🧡 💛 🧡