New Contributor

David Venable/ Bridal Shower/ QVC tour

Hello! This is my first time posting here, so I hope this is the right place to do it! I am 18 years old, and I am going to be the maid of honor in my aunt's wedding this October. This is her first marriage, and she has always done so much for us that we want to make it really special. There isn't going to be a bachlorette party, but I want to do something nice regardless for her. My first idea was to ask if I could buy a cookbook signed by David Venable ( quite possibly her favorite person on EARTH discounting myself and her fiance of course Smiley Wink ) However, the message I recieved from QVC today said that no such thing was possible, and my only option would be to try and book a tour on a day he is doing a show. There does not seem to be a tour we'd be interested in, however that meets on a day he is on the show, only the basic $10 one, and since this is such a once in a lifetime event, we'd like to do something a little more special for her. Has anyone booked a QVC studio tour out in PA before on a day that David isn't on the show and happened to see him? Or have any ideas about what else I could do to 'David' up our pre-wedding festivities?  I had also considered buying her some David Venable merchandise, but there does not seem to be any online available for purchase aside from the book sets, which I do intend to get her. Thank you!!

tldr;

18 year old maid of honor looking to find a way to help my aunt meet David Venable or get some David merch as a wedding present. Tips?

Thanks again, everyone!! Heart Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: David Venable/ Bridal Shower/ QVC tour

Hi @lynderelle-

What a thoughtful gift that will be for your aunt!

You could try posting to David on his facebook page and ask him.

He is really very genuine and nice.

I met him on one of his book tours at Barnes and Noble and got a signed cookbook for my friend.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Goodness what a wonderful niece you are!  I don't know if this is helpful but there is a signed cookbook (actually you have to buy a set of two) but one is autographed on eBay.  I know you would probably prefer a new cookbook and hopefully inscribed especially for your aunt but I just thought I would mention it.  Again, what a lovely thing to do thanks for making my day with your kind post!  Heart

Honored Contributor

@lynderelle

There is one on Amazon signed of his Comfort book--not inscribed to a person and is $20--in the used collectible section.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much!! That's actually a really, really good idea. I'm sure she'd appreciate an older cookbook with his signature more than a new one without, I didn't even think to check Ebay! It will go perfectly with what else we have for her. I got her a coke bottle that says "Share a Coke with David" and I am going to make her an apron that says "In the Kitchen with David" so something actually autographed by him will be the icing on the cake! Thanks for the great suggestion! Heart @momtochloe

@Sooner @on the bay Thank you both so much also for the great tips! I am going to be sure to check out FB and Amazon, too! Great suggestions and great team work going on here. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

What about David making  a phone call to your Aunt? That might be possible if you could set up a time for that to happen. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Honored Contributor

I would contact him via FB, I am sure once he hears about your aunt, he will go out of his way to do something special for her.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure they'd love to accommodate your request, but if they did it for one person, they'd have to do it for everyone and that would become a burden. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have one.  If all else fails I would be happy to give it to you if there was some way to get it to you.  I'd bet David will do something for you if he gets your message, though.

Honored Contributor

I would definitely write to him on his FB page, and possibly ask on Mary DeAngelis' FB page if she can connect you and David. I'm sure either of them would be delighted to help you if you can get "seen."

it looks like QVC isn't selling the ITKWD apron any more :-(

Life without Mexican food is no life at all