Honored Contributor

Re: David Sweat shot, caught and is still alive.

@patbz wrote:

The first cabin that Sweat and Matt holed up in was owned by several Clinton correctional officers.  Do you think that is a random coincidence?

I doubt that the COs helped the two cons - but I bet they overheard the guards talking about their camp. They expected to meet up with the woman and head directly to Mexico...breaking into the camps was Plan B (and not a very good one!)

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Quite frankly, I think it's become more common since females began working in male prisons as corrections officers, or civilian kitchen or laundry workers.  Several years ago a Rikers Island female officer became pregnant in a relationship with a convicted cop killer.

It probably occurred for years with male corrections officers in all female prisons, but I think the female worker/male prisoner dynamic is more interesting to the public.

The "Long Island Lolita" had relations with LOTS of people when she was here in Albion...guards, fellow prisoners...men...women.

Esteemed Contributor

@patbz wrote:

The first cabin that Sweat and Matt holed up in was owned by several Clinton correctional officers.  Do you think that is a random coincidence?

There are no coincidences.  Hmm out of all the possible cabins that would have firearms and ammo, those two guys managed to find one in particular.  I believe there was more assistance given than just Joyce and another worker. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Quite frankly, I think it's become more common since females began working in male prisons as corrections officers, or civilian kitchen or laundry workers.  Several years ago a Rikers Island female officer became pregnant in a relationship with a convicted cop killer.

It probably occurred for years with male corrections officers in all female prisons, but I think the female worker/male prisoner dynamic is more interesting to the public.

The "Long Island Lolita" had relations with LOTS of people when she was here in Albion...guards, fellow prisoners...men...women.

This made me think of that classic women's prison film "Caged" where the Head Matron had a special attraction for all the girls.

Respected Contributor

Twelve prison workers and officials have been removed from working in the prison.  Others have been fired.

I think some News group should go underground inside the pipes, and film the path they traveled to escape.  Start at the  manhole and travel to the prison.   I still want to know how they knew there to travel inside the pipes underground.  Who helped them?   

Heads should roll all over the place over this issue.  

Super Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

Twelve prison workers and officials have been removed from working in the prison.  Others have been fired.

I think some News group should go underground inside the pipes, and film the path they traveled to escape.  Start at the  manhole and travel to the prison.   I still want to know how they knew there to travel inside the pipes underground.  Who helped them?   

They said that they figured it out from working outside on the electricity for their cell. The prison guard let them go outside and gave them the tools to work with.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack1 wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

They said that they figured it out from working outside on the electricity for their cell. The prison guard let them go outside and gave them the tools to work with.

How could they figure out where to travel underground while working outside on the electricity which is above ground.  Can we look outside and figure out how we would dig underground in our area to exit blocks away to a manhole?   I don't think so.  

Someone had to help them....or they found out using the internet for blue prints.  

Super Contributor

Sweat said they did a trial run and figured out which manhole to come out of.  I'm not sure they needed blueprints.  

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It had to be messy in those pipes.   Messing up their clothes if they did make a trial run the day before.   Did the prison find their messed up clothes to prove what he said?   I would not trust anything he said.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I posted before that a local (Buffalo) radio host said he received a photo of the dead Matt. He said it's called a "trophy photo" and lots of LE take pics of people they shoot dead. Some even hang the pictures  in their dens - like hunters hang deer heads.

Yesterday he described the photos in detail and said that he got several copies from LE friends.

Today - there's the pic - on the cover of the NY Daily News....by way of a Buffalo TV station (WIVB).

Am I the only one who thinks this is totally unprofessional????