Respected Contributor

Re: David Sweat shot, caught and is still alive.

So thankful no one else can be terrorized by these two. Sorry for all the worry to those in the area of their escape. There are hard-working, good men and women in law enforcement who I am thankful for.

Honored Contributor

More training for the guards would be good start. How could that woman be so gullible?
Trusted Contributor

Really great they caught this guy. Now the people in the area can get back to normal. He probably won't talk about nothing but I bet if a movie deal was offered he would be speed talking.
Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I bet he won't talk unless it can get him a reduced sentenced for the escape.

Seriously?  His current sentence is life without parole.  He might talk if they promise to keep him out of solitary.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lotus wrote:

@Pook wrote:

I bet he won't talk unless it can get him a reduced sentenced for the escape.

I don't think they'd EVER do that.
Maybe a slice of pizza and a movie on Friday nite.  Woman LOL

Sure plea deals are done all the time.  If they really want to know the details they may have to offer him something significant to make his life much easier and more than a slice of pizza on movie nite!   He'd be stupid to just tell all without anything in return!  

Respected Contributor

I don't know why anyone would believe anything he said about the escape. And I fear it may be premature to think they didn't hurt or kill anyone while they were out. Had they done so, they'd have had to hide it really well. Three weeks is a long time.
Honored Contributor

Lucibee wrote:
I have been thinking about this story ever since the beginning. I was so worried that an innocent person would be hurt or killed. His capture is wonderful news!

Yeah, it must have been REALLY scary for people living in these areas!  I can't even imagine how worried I would be, knowing these killers were hiding out somewhere nearby. 

LE has worked very hard on this case and I'm glad that  it's pretty much over for them, too.  The whole thing was just awful and everybody who made it possible for them to escape should be appropriately punished.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:
More training for the guards would be good start. How could that woman be so gullible?

The people here in Buffalo, where he was in trouble with the law from the time he was a young teen, say that he is very charming.

Not to excuse the woman or the guard - but after a number of years, guards and prisoners often become TOO close. My cousin's ex husband was a superintendant at Attica...he said it happened a lot. COs are often moved from cell block to cell block and also from prison to prison - to keep them from getting too close to the people they guard.

Respected Contributor

I hope he dies of his gunshot wound, why the tax payers have to support these scummbags is beyond stupid!

Esteemed Contributor

@Vickiv wrote:
Really great they caught this guy. Now the people in the area can get back to normal. He probably won't talk about nothing but I bet if a movie deal was offered he would be speed talking.

------------------

I said earlier that I bet this story will be followed by a movie!  And now we know how it will end...at least up until the capture of Sweat.