Trusted Contributor

Re: David Cassidy concert review

@Shorty2U wrote:

I am glad you enjoyed his concert and I am so glad to know that he still sings wonderful! I saw him in the 70's (with my cousin), on Steel Pier in Atlantic City, NJ. I still have the pictures of him (in his white jumpsuit!). Also, I will never forget it. My cousin fainted at the concert! Not from seeing him, but because we were up front and it was so hot being surrounded by people! Anyway, my cousin and I had a huge crush on him back then :-)

I saw him in the 70's too. He ripped out the seat of that white jumpsuit at the concert I was at. My folks still have the slide photos from the concert. I still remember setting up the screen & viewing the pics. Basically you could see a white dot on the screen.... 

Respected Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@newjersey  I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Six years ago I saw Smokey Robinson at the Morton Arboretum.  He was awesome.  70s Motown is my favorite.  Well,  I love all 70s music .

@Mary Bailey

THE Morton Arboretum in Lisle? Holy cow, I live minutes from there and didn't know he was there!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mustang Shar wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

Six years ago I saw Smokey Robinson at the Morton Arboretum.  He was awesome.  70s Motown is my favorite.  Well,  I love all 70s music .

@Mary Bailey

THE Morton Arboretum in Lisle? Holy cow, I live minutes from there and didn't know he was there!

@Mustang Shar Yes that is the place!  We were so close to him.  I don't think they do concerts there anymore.

My sister and I used to walk there every day, when I was between jobs for two months.  We love it there!!

Respected Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@Mustang Shar wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@Mary Bailey

@Mustang Shar Yes that is the place!  We were so close to him.  I don't think they do concerts there anymore.

My sister and I used to walk there every day, when I was between jobs for two months.  We love it there!!

@Mary Bailey

Wow, small world!! I'm over by College of Dupage, LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mustang Shar wrote:

@Mary Bailey

Wow, small world!! I'm over by College of Dupage, LOL!

@Mustang Shar  It sure is!  I'm near Lewis University.

Honored Contributor

@newjersey - glad you had a great time!!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@newjersey

I'm glad you had a great time.  Hopefully his life is back on track.

When he was on Celebrity Apprentice he was not presented in a positive light.