Respected Contributor

Re: David Cassidy Has Passed Away

David Cassidy, a child of show business who rose to the heights of pop stardom, only to spend much of the rest his life struggling against his teen idol past, died Tuesday, Nov. 21. He was 67.

Mr. Cassidy was hospitalized last week near his home in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., with multiple organ failure. In recent days, he was said to have been conscious and surrounded by family and friends, but then slipped into a coma and was moved to the hospital’s ICU.

“On behalf of the entire Cassidy family, it is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our father, our uncle, and our dear brother, David Cassidy,” his family said in a statement Tuesday. “David died surrounded by those he loved, with joy in his heart and free from the pain that had gripped him for so long. Thank you for the abundance and support you have shown him these many years.”

Mr. Cassidy’s life and career followed an almost mythic trajectory, as he became one of the biggest pop stars in the world on the basis of a manufactured image, and then fought for years trying to disown his past and establish himself for the man and the artist he believed himself to be. Later solo recordings proved him right, but he could never entirely shake his Keith Partridge image from the TV sitcom “The Partridge Family.”

Along the way, he battled drugs and alcohol, career ups and downs, and earlier this year, announced he was battling dementia. His mother, the actress Evelyn Ward, suffered from Alzheimer’s disease, and Mr. Cassidy recorded a public service ad about the illness in 2011. His father, actor-singer Jack Cassidy, battled bipolar disease and alcoholism and died in a fire in his West Hollywood home in 1976 after a night of heavy drinking.

Article from SFGATE

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Respected Contributor

April 12, 1950~November 21, 2017

David CassidyHeartHeartHeartRIP

Candle With Stars!

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Valued Contributor

This poor guy was up against so many things. From the many things I’ve read in the past, he was a good little boy who became a kind, compassionate man. His father, Jack Cassidy, was no father of the year, for sure, and was jealous and resentful of David’s fame back in the day when David became more famous than him. He inherited his father’s alcoholism, and his mother’s and grandfather’s dementia. Also, he took it very badly and wasn’t quite the same after a female fan died at one of his concerts. I believe he drank to mask the pain he felt deep down, but was not strong enough emotionally to fight his demons once and for all, unfortunately.

But in spite of it all he was a good, kind man who did not deserve the cards he was dealt. God bless him and may he Rest In Peace. 🙏❤️😘
Trusted Contributor

Love your beautiful post, thank you!

Trusted Contributor

My condolences go out to David's beautiful daughter Katie & all of his beloved family in their time of need.

Honored Contributor

So sad, my heart is broken, he was my teen idol, still watch the Partridge Family, RIP,

Image result for david cassidy images

Honored Contributor

Godspeed.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

How sad for his family-- he seemed like a sweet, striving spirit, whatever his struggles were.  So sorry to hear this news, but his suffering is over.  RIP.

Honored Contributor

So sad when your childhood crushes pass away Woman Sad

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:
He was diagnosed with dementia?

@esmerelda- yes.  Earlier this year he announced it. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?