Esteemed Contributor

Just watched the youtube video of him being on Letterman, it is a riot!

Respected Contributor

This is his the video of his first appearance on the tonight show back when the show was still filmed in black and white. If I put up a link for the one on Letterman I think it would be taken down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7-ZF7wiPl8

Frequent Contributor

Noel I had no idea he was 78, time seems to just fly anymore. When I think of him the pic you provided is what comes to mind.

RIP David. Thank you for the many laughs.

Respected Contributor

I remember him well. He was a frequent guest on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show, back when guests were there to be entertaining, and not just to push a movie or TV show.

He resurfaced a few years ago and, before that, I'd wondered what he'd been up to. I always liked him, and thought he was funny without being offensive.

What worries you masters you.
Super Contributor
I remember him from my youth. He was so funny. Elizabeth Slater was his first wife. They were together for 8 years but only married for one. He was in a relationship prior that produced a son , Cole that he fought and won custody of but they were never married. I'm confused about Tia as well. Sources say they were engaged from 2005 . Some say they married in 2011 and she is his widow but other sources list his wife as Ruth.