Honored Contributor

Re: Daughter's friends at Charles' Garden Party comments

@goldensrbest wrote:

A picture of a women putting her hand on her husband, gets all these negative comments!!

@goldensrbestLet's face it, the ones who dislike Meghan will find just about anything to denigrate her. It's done here all the time. Quite frankly, I highly doubt my opinion or yours will ever change those who don't like her. They have expressed their dislike of her weeks ago and continue to. I see it as nit-picking and it will probably go on and on and on.

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

So let me understand this correctly, summation of a few pictures of the newlyweds indicates, Duchess of Sussex- *drumroll* is up to no good. 

Also, apparently, pictures not even of the newlyweds (referring to the alleged plot by Meghan's friend Jessica Mulroney).  Dun dun dunnnnnn! Woman LOL

Indeed comments, on pictures of the newlyweds..scroll back. 

Honestly, Thought before the wedding was insensitive, this is a entirely new low blow, when did showing affection become controversial? 

Please- Enlighten me. 

I agree with you @Sweet_Serenity and was just pointing out that pictures of other people entirely were also being viewed in the summation of the Duchess being "up to no good," based on the comment about the pictures featuring Jessica Mulroney's "Pippa moment."

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

A picture of a women putting her hand on her husband, gets all these negative comments!!

@goldensrbestLet's face it, the ones who dislike Meghan will find just about anything to denigrate her. It's done here all the time. Quite frankly, I highly doubt my opinion or yours will ever change those who don't like her. They have expressed their dislike of her weeks ago and continue to. I see it as nit-picking and it will probably go on and on and on.

Is it jealousy,or what? She is a American, i would think people would be happy about that .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

A pat on the back to show approval is done by a superior to a subordinate like a coach, parent, and also teachers when they were permitted to touch students. Men sometimes do it to their team mates, but that's a slap rather than a pat.

Royals do not show affection to their spouse in public.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Is it jealousy,or what? She is a American, i would think people would be happy about that .

I agree with you, @goldensrbest  This all reminds me of when there was a playoff between two California baseball teams, and one "naive" announcer said at least it's between California teams, and her thoughts were shot down because she forgot about the rivalry between SF and LA.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

I also think her gesture looks peculiar.

As a brand-new royal, I would expect Harry to be more solicitious of her (in some small way), but this looks odd to me......like she's a mother figure.

People are talking about it.

It is disrespectful to Harry IMO in that it makes him look juvenile.

Hopefully someone will point this out to her.....

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

I think things are much simpler here. I have read that Harry fell for her while watching “Suits” show. I watched this show for years and liked Maghan there, she is very very se.y  charachter there with a lot of love making scenes.  It is a good show with a lot of good looking people and likable personalities. No wonder that Harry fell for her. I also have read that it was an arranged date. He was ready for romance and she was probably too especially his candidacy was desired  especially.

As long as they love each other..... i wish them all the best.

@SANNA - Like @pitdakota said, I also read an interview where he said he did not know who she was when they met and he had never seen Suits. He also has said he fell for her right away. That was probably true because he asked her to go to Botswana with him about 4 weeks later.They were set up by a mutual friend. 

Harry had been in love with his longtime girlfriend Chelsy Davy, but she did not want the royal life. Some say he was also in love with Cressida Bonas, who also did not want to be a royal. Here's a picture of Chelsy at the wedding. No matter what, and I'm sure she's happy he found someone, but it had to be a little hard for her to be there.

One user captured Chelsy Davy's shocked face with the caption 'When your ex shows up at your wedding'

It is total bs. I personally read his interview saying that he watched the show and fell fo her. I cannot blame him. Shewas very hot there. And btw everybody watches American shows. Everywhere.

Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

I think things are much simpler here. I have read that Harry fell for her while watching “Suits” show. I watched this show for years and liked Maghan there, she is very very se.y  charachter there with a lot of love making scenes.  It is a good show with a lot of good looking people and likable personalities. No wonder that Harry fell for her. I also have read that it was an arranged date. He was ready for romance and she was probably too especially his candidacy was desired  especially.

As long as they love each other..... i wish them all the best.

@SANNA

Just for the sake of accuracy, I have to say that I saw an interview with Harry and Megan last week where he said that he had never watched Suits and was therefore not familiar with who she was when the first date was set up. 

I do not believe a thing because i read a completely opposite information. But now the official version is he didnt watch it. OK , whatever.... If he wouldnt watch it they wouldnt met. Do not be naive.

Trusted Contributor

I'm trying to think... did I ever put my hand on the back of a S/O in public? Don't think so but who cares. She's showing affection and if that is a problem in the royal family, then that's one more reason why I would never marry a prince.

Do I think Harry watched Suits before meeting her? Logic would dictate that of course he would, even if it was for a couple of minutes. We all have smartphones and one of the first things we do is google someone.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest I finally stopped trying to figure out why people on this board strongly dislike her or anyone for that matter. Human nature can be strange as exhibited on this board on a daily basis.