Esteemed Contributor

Re: Daughter's friends at Charles' Garden Party comments

@SANNA wrote:

I think things are much simpler here. I have read that Harry fell for her while watching “Suits” show. I watched this show for years and liked Maghan there, she is very very se.y  charachter there with a lot of love making scenes.  It is a good show with a lot of good looking people and likable personalities. No wonder that Harry fell for her. I also have read that it was an arranged date. He was ready for romance and she was probably too especially his candidacy was desired  especially.

As long as they love each other..... i wish them all the best.

@SANNA

Just for the sake of accuracy, I have to say that I saw an interview with Harry and Megan last week where he said that he had never watched Suits and was therefore not familiar with who she was when the first date was set up. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Harry said he'd never heard of her or watched Suits when the date was set up.  Surely the match maker would have told him all about Meghan at that time and he naturally would have watched Suits a time or two then, prior to meeting her.

Valued Contributor

Meghan is the same age as Diana was when Diana died. I think the 2 of them ( Harry and Meghan ) are a good match. She has been into charitable works for a few years as has he and they seem to complement each other.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich

Did they mention what it was for?  On the news they said it was for Charles' birthday, but his is in November, so I doubt that was the reason for the event.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@dulwich

Did they mention what it was for?  On the news they said it was for Charles' birthday, but his is in November, so I doubt that was the reason for the event.

Something to do with charities @Tinkrbl44, it's an annual affair.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

The unending speculation of Meghan's motives, is ridiculous. Two people not unlike anyone else who desires spending the rest of their lives together-were married less than a week ago. 

Normally there is a period of time for adjustment, even when having already lived together before marriage. To my eyes from the beginning the royal couple demonstrated, they are a team, hand in hand, shoulder to shoulder. 

Keep watching: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Best is yet to come! 

Respected Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

I think things are much simpler here. I have read that Harry fell for her while watching “Suits” show. I watched this show for years and liked Maghan there, she is very very se.y  charachter there with a lot of love making scenes.  It is a good show with a lot of good looking people and likable personalities. No wonder that Harry fell for her. I also have read that it was an arranged date. He was ready for romance and she was probably too especially his candidacy was desired  especially.

As long as they love each other..... i wish them all the best.

@SANNA, as many things that appear in the tabloids about the royals, that report turned out not to be true.  Harry debunked that himself in the interview he gave with Meghan where he talks about meeting her.  They were set up on a blind date by a mutual acquaintance and he had not heard of her.

Here is a link to the interview he and Meghan did.  He talks about not knowing anything about her around about the 3 minute mark:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=interview+with+prince+harry+and+meghan+markle&view=detail&mid=1...

@pitdakota Thanks for a wonderful, heartwarming look into this relationship.  It's obviously more complex (and endearing) than most of us knew.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

How would anyone, anywhere, like to have their marriage theorized and assessed simply by casual glances in a sea of thousands, or what was available to see on TV or the internet?  What would be said of any of us about our relationships?  How could anyone really know anything [since none of us live in their home with them]?  They appear to be a couple madly in love.  They will have their ups & downs, and unfortunately they will play out much of that in public.  Whatever happens, I wish them the best as I would any new couple trying to have a wonderful life together. 

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think that Meghan is a very self assured woman, who has good self esteem and confidence(look at her mother). However being self confident, does not translate to aggressive. I in no way see her as aggressive......I have seen no signs of that in her. Self assurance and self confident-yes, aggressive-no!

You need to be self confident and have a good sense of self esteem to be in the Royal Family....Plus she is older, has been married before, she is no 19 year old baby.....Self Confidence sometimes has been mistaken for arrogance, they are very different!

@dulwich. How exciting for them! Something they will remember forever...