Trusted Contributor

Re: Daughter's friends at Charles' Garden Party comments

@moon_gazer wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Harry seems like a sweet boy-man, but the assessment of who seems to be in charge doesn't surprise me nor does the theory that he was smitten by her differences compared to what he is used to. Whether she'll be the making of the man or whether it'll all unravel remains to be seen.

@stevieb

Personally, if I were a betting person, I would put my money on the unraveling.Smiley Surprised

@moon_gazer

I totally agree with you, moon gazer.

Honored Contributor

@Danky wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

That gesture, hand on the back, is what a mother/father does to their child to control or move them along, it's a dominant gesture. I would never do that to my husband and I have never seen Kate do it to William.

@occasionalrain----perhaps you should change your nic to perpetual rain....

Steady downpour. 

Honored Contributor

There sure are a lot of body language experts in these parts. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

There sure are a lot of body language experts in these parts. 

Yes, and those who think themselves witty. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

2 young people met and married.   (the 30s are young in my book.)  I don't spend tons of time following any news about those who have fame, but I have seen a couple of recent well-made documentaries which included thoughtful interviews with Harry and William.   I also was extremely gratified and my heart was deeply touched when they decided to challenge the horrible atmosphere of "stiff upper lip" suppression of mental health treatment as if it were something of which to be ashamed.   Instead, they are shining a light on mental health care and the importance -- the critical need -- to bring it out of the shadows.   

Harry eventually was able to openly describe his profound grief and pain as he tried to navigate the loss of his mother, and the hard work he's done in therapy.   When my beloved father died I was 17 years old and it still wrenches my heart when I think of it.    Harry and William were 12 and 15 or so and had to face their loss in front of the world.   I can only imagine the scars.

I'd never heard of the show "Suits," never heard of Meghan, until the headlines and all the threads here.   People have done their best to shovel up dirt about her, yet it appears to me she managed personal challenges as a child well (I'm guessing her mother was a calming and positive influence), worked hard to make her way in the acting business, then began using the platform to do charity work, and her friends and co-workers seem supportive and complimentary.    As far as I can tell neither of the 2 have done harm to others, certainly no horrific or deliberate harm, and both their lives have of necessity been open books.  (And it's clear that there are those doing their best find a way to tarnish, mock, or insult them yet have found little ammunition that isn't concocted or wildly exaggerated.)   

Where the acrimony, rancor, and even contemptuous attitudes rise up from...  I can't understand.    There are people in "celebrity" who have caused dreadful harm, who have risen to the top using despicable tactics and damaged others left and right leaving them in their wake with no concern, or who have profited by supporting and defending those horrid people... and some of those people receive accolades or are admired and in reverent and hushed tones are called remarkable and "an inspiration."   If someone criticizes those famous folks, there are obvious motivations for that.   It's understandable and reasonable.

2 young people met and married.   As far as I can see, they've done absolutely nothing to deserve such mockery, contempt, scorn.   Personally, I hope they live long, well, and happily and that their goals to help others will be met.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova