Trusted Contributor

Dateline last night---- 9/30?

Did any of you watch it, and if so, who do you think killed Garret?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dateline last night---- 9/30?

Oral (Nick) Hillary did it.  I've known this family for 30 years.  TV shows didn't bring out many verbal comments he made at the time.

Esteemed Contributor

I just posted in the TV forum thread.  I watched 20/20 on ABC last night which also did a show about Garrett Phillips.  I think the mom's ex-boyfriend looked pretty sketchy, especially considering his story about being in the parking lot and the injury he had on his ankle (which he lied about to police).  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The same murder was covered on 20/20 as well. The one started an hour earlier. 

I don't  know who killed  him but there was no evidence against the man charged. They made a lot of him seeming to wait in the school parking lot but why would he have to do that when he knew where Garrett lived?

The police need to find the person who matched the DNA found at the scene. 

Respected Contributor

Mom's ex-boyfriend......

......You look like I need a drink.....
Super Contributor

The boyfriend.

Esteemed Contributor

The boyfriend...he didn't like Garret...mom broke up with him because of Garret...his way of getting even with the mom...

His story was very sketchy...why didn't  he want to show his leg when they were questioning him...why would he go to the parking lot...sit there for a few minutes...see Garret...start up his car and then turn in the direction of where Garret lived...

Nope....I think he was lying the entire time...he should have been locked up....

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't see the whole Dateline, but from what I saw,,,

definitely the boyfriend

That car was stalking Garrett and the fresh injury to his ankle

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm going to sound pretty conservative and old fashioned, but if I'd become single when my children were young, I would have never brought a boyfriend into the house to live with us.  Never in a million years.  I'd have dated I suppose, but no overnights at my house until those kids were much older and certainly no live-in boyfriend.

I was never in that position but know many, many women that were.  The ones that took that opportunity while single to focus on their kids instead of dating always seemed to have better values to me personally.

Almost every news story I've read lately about a child or toddler being murdered involves a family where some other man lives in the house with the mom and kids, be it the mom's boyfriend or a male "friend" living in the house.  

Honored Contributor

I didn't  have a favorable opinion of the mother. Three boyfriends plus two husbands isn't  the behavior of a mother who puts the welfare of her children first.