Valued Contributor

Re: Dark Russet Potato Chips - My New Obsession!

Thanks for heads up.We have Utz around here .Will be on lookout.
I always order restaurant homemade chips if they have them .Looking forward to trying these.
Have a good Sunday & take care.
Honored Contributor

Dont forget the Old Bay potato chips, a fave here in Maryland. 

Valued Contributor

My husband loves the Dark Russet Potato Chips that are found at Trader Joe's.

Each time we are there he usually has bought a bag or two.

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom  If you can order them from Amazon or wherever, just to try them, then I would suggest to compare prices. As I said, I order them buy the case from Utz. I usually wait for some kind of sale. If no sale, I just go for them, sale or not!😉

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

I must one of the few that doesn't like kettle chips.  They're too hard and crunchy for me and I pass over the dark ones that may be in a regular bag of chips. 

I don't like kettle corn either.

Esteemed Contributor

@Coquille  I just came back from ShopRite. I didn't realize they were an UTZ product! They have some of the Zapps products, but not your fave. Utz is located in PA, so I'm sure it would be better for me to order from UTZ. Or maybe we can do a day trip and try some samples Smiley Wink Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

Chips are my downfall.  Cannot have them in my house as I cannot stop eating them.  I no longer have a sweet tooth, I have a salt tooth I guess.  

Those dark russets are sooo very good!  I do not have Utz or Herr brand here, but do have them in Cape Cod brand.  

The 5 lbs I have recently gained, during all this dern virus mess, are due partly to chips...........☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

@4kitties  Only 5 lbs??? I thought they called the virus 19, because that's about how much we were going to gain! Hahaha!

Honored Contributor

Haven't seen them, but I move fast past chip aisle - I hear them calling me.

Honored Contributor

Oh, chips, chips, I could live on them, @PA Mom-mom .   Agree, love "Herr's", also.

The Ruffles' import from Canada, which we can only get here at select times, the storied "All-Dressed",  are my favorite commercial chip of the moment.  As the company says, All-Dressed is a blend of salty, savory and sweet (but not too sweet),  mmm.  Maybe the barbecue aspect of them predominates just a little over the others...

I'm supposed to only have pallid ol' "baked" chips, but have to break out once in a while.

A catering company in town used to make their own delectable, thick, home-made chips that, although long gone, linger vividly in the memory....

Esteemed Contributor

Terra all the way.  Wow bought them by mistake.  Forgot where I bought them and then went on a hunt for them.  Fortunately they are  now just about everywhere in our area.