Esteemed Contributor

Dark Russet Potato Chips - My New Obsession!

[ Edited ]

Herr's Kettle Cooked Potato Chips Dark Russet Potatoes

I have passed over the kettle cooked dark russet potato chips for a long time, thinking they looked boring. WOW! was I wrong! Got them on sale the other week. They are like those house made potato chips at a restaurant. You always go for the dark ones, ya know? Well I took them down to DD's house. Turns out, she and I are the only fanatics in our family. It must be a love or hate it thing. Have you tried them? Or, do you have another chip obsession?

Respected Contributor

Re: Dark Russet Potato Chips - My New Obsession!

I've never seen this potato chip offered in my stores, but I bet I'd like them. I grab the restaurant 'dark ones,' too.  Those a few seconds away from being burned. 

Honored Contributor

Herr's is a very popular brand on the east coast, made in the Amish Country of PA. Schools in my area sometimes took tours of the factory. 

Honored Contributor

I've haven't tried those chips...maybe a good thing! I usually go crazy for most any kind of chip. Right now I'm going crazy for these Terra Vegetable chips!! In fact, I haven't bought any in a few weeks b/c I can't stop eating them and I'm afraid to keep them in the house...LOL!

714AjQFG8cL._SX385_.jpg

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom 

they ARE delicious, but my favorites are UTZ.

utz dark russet.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45  OK. I've been waiting for the Utz to be on sale to try them. I have always liked Utz - especially their crab chips. I'm sure I'll try them soon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never see Herr's in my area anymore, though at one time we did have them. Have seen the Utz Russets and passed right by them, assuming they weren't for me. I'll have to try them. I'm not interested in all those somewhat out there flavors Lays seems to be coming up with but I might like these. Someone had suggested salt and pepper chips a while back. I did try those, but didn't care for the pepper. I do like most barbecue flavored chips and occasionally like the extra crispy kettle style chips. I like some of Gibbles chips but they too have gotten to be hard to find.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Salt and Vinegar chips!

C4FE7C0D-5537-4E41-9A88-62D3D4B965AC.png

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2  My husband's absolute favorite! He would do anything for them!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45   You are right UTZ are the best!! I can not have these in my house, too dangerous. I will only buy them when I have company so they can help me eat them.