Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

@Porcelain which part of Tennessee?  I'm born and raised in Elizabethton, TN..  Jason Witten's home town too..  

Looks like you're from Eastern TN. Woman Happy I'm right outside of Nashville. Middle Tennessee. I'm a transplant from the midwest.

DH is from Memphis and Clarksville. He charmed me with his accent. Though to hear him tell it, he has no accent and I say the word "no" funny like I'm holding my nose. On the other hand, I love getting him to say things like "aNUTHUH one" (another one).

Edited to add: And I love singing Rocky Top! We go to the Station Inn a lot (or we used to and hope to again soon) and they are famous for bluegrass. I get to sing along to Rocky Top a lot there.  

@Porcelain Ok then, middle Tennessee is beautiful.. we have friends in Cookeville.. LOL anuthuh one is converted, we gotcha now.. and you sing Rocky Top, I'm swooning!!  Our friends own a sporting goods store downtown Cookeville- lots of good orange/white Tennessee stuff too..  

OHHHH tv said we might... might.. have 1-2" with slippery roads- glad hubby is at the store as we speak..  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 It is WINTER here today in north Mississippi, a low of 24 and a high of 34.  I love a good pot of chilli or homemade soup and cornbread!

Esteemed Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Hot chocolate and cookies.

Made hot chocolate today too! With marshmallows. Haven't made that in a long time, but was face-timing a friend and she was making it so... 🤷‍♀️

@amyb  I like mine with marshmallows and whipped cream. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I know our area in for a cold night tomorrow. We had winds here last night like a tropical storm.What a mess! Yards & streets.

Snow higher up predicted. Hope it stays up there.lol

Stay safe!

Esteemed Contributor

We've had the same type of weather in the St. Louis area. I like chili, chicken noodle soup, potato soup or even scrambled eggs & pancakes! Comfort food is good for the soul!

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

It's actually snowing in TN! A little of it even seems to be sticking around on the grass.

When it's cold I love chili too, or a good soup, or baked ziti. Food that retains its warmth is so nice when it's cold outside. I also find that adding a little touch of pepper flakes to food when its cold out makes me feel warmer.

Oh yea..I almost posted baked ziti too....mmmm...now I feel like I need to get some today!

Honored Contributor

Nothing, no snow darn't..  although it did flurry nothing/nada.. no snowman..  :-(    But it is cold, always a silver lining..

Looked at resortcams.com. Some parts of East Tennessee have it and along with blowing snow, on Ober Gatlinburg it's been coming down, they're grooming for skiing..  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

Here on the Great Plains, we have all 4 seasons -- sometimes all 4 in one week!  We've gone from 30's one day to 70's the next day during this November.   Welcome to December, by the way.     We had "dark, damp, and chilly" last week.  Sunshine this week. 

I don't mind winter when the sun shines and the wind doesn't blow, which doesn't happen too much around here.   I'm currently watching reports of the big winter storm moving towards the East Coast.  Glad I'm not there today!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

It's not a lovely day here in the Southern Tier of NY, however I've got a pot of chili simmering on the stove and that will be warm and comforting. What are your favorite comfort foods that warm your bones ?  

It's 3 degrees windchill here.  I am making stew today.  I cut up and sear the meat then add potatoes, corn, peas, onion, spinach, lima or black beans, shredded carrots (I don't like chunks of cooked carrots), and whatever other veggie I feel like.  Sometimes I add brussell sprouts when warming up some for dinner - don't add them in the beginning because they get mushy.  Add a couple drops of tobasco along with whatever spices I want to use.  I use beef broth and V8.  As it sits in my slow cooker, it'll thicken up some.

I'll take some to my elderly dad and disabled sister. Anything left in 3 days will go into single serve containers and into the freezer.  I freeze a lot of leftovers like this so I have my own quick meals when I don't feel like cooking.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Here in Swampland it's 47 degrees. High of 60 today. NICE!

"Coming to ya from Florida"