Respected Contributor

Re: Danish Kringle At Trader Joe's

On 11/20/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 11/20/2014 mstyrion 1 said:

I bought one of the caramel (and pumpkin?) kringles in October.

It was absolutely delicious. Very dangerous to have around! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Hi mstyrion Smile

Did you find those at Trader Joe's? I love caramel!

yep. That's their Halloween flavor and I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy another one and freeze it. My two favorite flavors-caramel and pumpkin! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

You know, that's the thing with TJoes, get it when you see it.

They also put out salted dark chocolate caramels at this time of the year. I got one last year and wished I'd bought extras. They seem to keep well, this year I bought a couple of them already to keep around.

yummmm-salted caramel. I'll have to pick up some

Have you tried the Talenti salted caramel gelato? It's addictive!

No, does TJ carry it? I've heard so much about their pecan pie ice cream, I picked up a carton the other day. SnowMG, now I want to try it, LOL.

Talenti is in almost every grocery store. I've even found it at Target.

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

On 11/20/2014 cody said:

My husband had a business associate that used to come to California from his home in Wisconsin. He always brought me a few Kringles when he came. I was partial to the raspberry flavor. They do keep well in the freezer. Those things were half the size of a table top, lol. But they are quite thin and light so it takes a BIG slice to make a serving. I will be checking out Joe's. I haven't had one in forever and that pumpkin caramel is call my name.

I think they've switched to marzipan, cody. Do you like that? I've always loved marzipan.

TJoe's has lots of holiday specials, only at this time of the year. Sign up for their online Fearless Flyer to see what's there now, and then the next one for Christmas specials.

We've had different flavored fillings - raspberry, pecan, cheese, custard cream.

Our fav's have been the raspberry and the pecan. The pecan filling is made with chopped pecans, butter, and brown sugar.

They can be refrozen.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

I bought one of the caramel (and pumpkin?) kringles in October.

It was absolutely delicious. Very dangerous to have around! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Hi mstyrion Smile

Did you find those at Trader Joe's? I love caramel!

yep. That's their Halloween flavor and I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy another one and freeze it. My two favorite flavors-caramel and pumpkin! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

You know, that's the thing with TJoes, get it when you see it.

They also put out salted dark chocolate caramels at this time of the year. I got one last year and wished I'd bought extras. They seem to keep well, this year I bought a couple of them already to keep around.

yummmm-salted caramel. I'll have to pick up some

Have you tried the Talenti salted caramel gelato? It's addictive!

No, does TJ carry it? I've heard so much about their pecan pie ice cream, I picked up a carton the other day. SnowMG, now I want to try it, LOL.

Talenti is in almost every grocery store. I've even found it at Target.

Thanks! I almost never look in the ice cream section, so I don't know what's new. I'll look the next time I go to Target.

I taste-tested the TJ's pecan pie ice cream today. I liked it a lot, it's very rich.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

Noel, I am just about over your coming on her and rubbing it in my face that you have a TJ's and I DON'T!!! Lol!!!! Every time someone posts about something amazing they found there, which seems to be weekly at this point(!), it brings a small tear to my eye. Smiley Sad Enjoy your Kringle and all of your other yummy stuff. I will be the one over here drooling!!!!
Honored Contributor

On 11/20/2014 Lion said:
On 11/20/2014 cody said:

My husband had a business associate that used to come to California from his home in Wisconsin. He always brought me a few Kringles when he came. I was partial to the raspberry flavor. They do keep well in the freezer. Those things were half the size of a table top, lol. But they are quite thin and light so it takes a BIG slice to make a serving. I will be checking out Joe's. I haven't had one in forever and that pumpkin caramel is call my name.

I think they've switched to marzipan, cody. Do you like that? I've always loved marzipan.

TJoe's has lots of holiday specials, only at this time of the year. Sign up for their online Fearless Flyer to see what's there now, and then the next one for Christmas specials.

We've had different flavored fillings - raspberry, pecan, cheese, custard cream.

Our fav's have been the raspberry and the pecan. The pecan filling is made with chopped pecans, butter, and brown sugar.

They can be refrozen.

Hi Lion Smile

I already know, the pecan filling would be my favorite!

Honored Contributor

I'm going to Trader Joe's tomorrow. I'll add this to my rather long list!

I've been perusing the latest Flyer. Has anyone tried their corn pudding or brussels sprouts parmyere? Both sound interesting.

Honored Contributor

On 11/20/2014 FUTURE said: Noel, I am just about over your coming on her and rubbing it in my face that you have a TJ's and I DON'T!!! Lol!!!! Every time someone posts about something amazing they found there, which seems to be weekly at this point(!), it brings a small tear to my eye. Smiley Sad Enjoy your Kringle and all of your other yummy stuff. I will be the one over here drooling!!!!

{#emotions_dlg.w00t} Hi FUTURE!

I could not stand it if we didn't have a TJoe's nearby. Actually, we have three that we go to {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Have you checked their store locator to see if there's one within driving range for you?

Respected Contributor

On 11/20/2014 FUTURE said: Noel, I am just about over your coming on her and rubbing it in my face that you have a TJ's and I DON'T!!! Lol!!!! Every time someone posts about something amazing they found there, which seems to be weekly at this point(!), it brings a small tear to my eye. Smiley Sad Enjoy your Kringle and all of your other yummy stuff. I will be the one over here drooling!!!!

{#emotions_dlg.w00t} Hi FUTURE!

I could not stand it if we didn't have a TJoe's nearby. Actually, we have three that we go to {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Have you checked their store locator to see if there's one within driving range for you?

Girl, YES! The closest one is THREE HOURS from me! The good news is, I have family that literally lives about 2 miles from one, so when I go see them 2-3 times a year, I stock up! The only problem is I usually go down after the holidays (they come to our place for them), and during the summer. I've even signed a petition trying to bring one closer. Lol! Love me some TJ's!! Smiley Wink
Honored Contributor

The furthest I've ever lived from a Trader Joe's (in my adult life) was 30 minutes...and I still made it there about once a month. Worth the trip. But 3 hours? I'd have to move!

Honored Contributor

On 11/20/2014 september said:

I'm going to Trader Joe's tomorrow. I'll add this to my rather long list!

I've been perusing the latest Flyer. Has anyone tried their corn pudding or brussels sprouts parmyere? Both sound interesting.

I haven't tried them but I'd like to try the corn pudding. I was going to make one for Thanksgiving, but I think I'll just get the one from Trader Joe's.