Respected Contributor

Dangerous Takata Airbags - Is Your Car Affected?

[ Edited ]

This report is by 60 Minutes Australia:

Exclusive! Exposing the airbag scandal that’s put

100-million lives at risk”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WkT3YMAcHlo

Many models have these airbags.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dangerous Takata Air Bags - Is Your Car Affected?

[ Edited ]

Here is a list of the cars with Takata airbags from  the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: car list. My car isn't on the list of models involved (Suzuki SX4 sport) It's scary to think how many people could be killed or maimed in an accident they SHOULD be able to walk away from are driving cars involved in the recall.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dangerous Takata Air Bags - Is Your Car Affected?

the airbags in one of our cars was replaced about a year ago. it took a while though to get an appointment to have it replaced. they did give us a loaner car.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Dangerous Takata Airbags - Is Your Car Affected?

My car was recalled because of the faulty airbags.  I had them replaced at a dealership a few years ago.

I thought this issue in the US was already taken care of.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie

i think that they recently added more cars to the list.

yes, it has been going on a few years now.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

According to Consumer Reports, the recall is far from over in the U.S.

https://www.consumerreports.org/recalls/will-the-takata-airbag-recall-ever-end/

“Will the Takata Airbag Recall Ever End? What You Should Know About the Deadly Defect.”

Honored Contributor

I still haven't had mine replaced.  I have some time off work right now so I should schedule an appointment.  Before I forget.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I had mine fixed several months ago. It took the dealership a very long time to get the parts. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The airbags in my car were replaced a year or two ago.  By the way, the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Admin.) has a site where you enter your VIN and it will tell you if there are any outstanding recalls for that vehicle.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

Honored Contributor

The recall on the airbags in my car both driver's and passenger side was made in 2015.  I took my car to be repaired right away as soon as I was notified.  I drive a Honda.

People need to take this seriously and take their car in for repair as soon as they receive a recall letter.