Trusted Contributor

Sorry that happened to you.  That is the reason I hate invisible fences.  While it keeps your dog confined, it also allows other dogs and wildlife inside your yard that could be a danger to your dog and your dog has no way out.

Valued Contributor

Call the ASPCA in your area and ask them if they know who comes out and sets cages to trap racoons since many carry rabies and stepping in their feces fills your pores with worm parasites and all of this is available to read on the Internet.

The place that delivers the cages will let you know who to call when you catch one in the baited trap and they will remove them and reset the traps again.

Seriously you also need to ensure they can never ever get into your home or into a shed/barn or anywhere else on your property,  so be dilligent and also keep them away from pets and remove pet doors if you have any since they may be able to come in if they are smaller and good luckSmiley Happy.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Dang, I Hurt!!!

[ Edited ]

I've been tripped by my animals and when younger I could take a spill and not think anything of it but not the case anymore.  It concerns me and I haven't quite figured out what to do. I don't like injuries, I don't heal as quickly as I used to and certainly don't want a broken bone.  These are valid fears that I never saw coming when I brought my animals into my home.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 , rest well for a few days.  That is quite a jolt.  I am sure you are good and sore.  Wishing you a speedy recovery.  LM

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  Ouch!!  I am clumsy and always have a few bruises, scrapes, etc.  Eat pineapple or drink pineapple juice for a few days.  It is good for quickly healing bruises.  You might want to put your dog on a leash at night since you go out with her anyway.   Take it easy for a few days and hopefully the hurt will lessen quickly.  Life with pets is so worth it though.  

Esteemed Contributor

That was always my fear when my dog took the eleven o'clock waltz.  Woods in back so out the front with street lights - porch light and flood light.  Still worried about an attack  - skunk - fox or whatever. 

Honored Contributor

Oh, I'm sorry about that.  I guess you'd better put on the leash even though you have the invisible fence.  Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

I’m sorry to hear that you were so injured.  But I am also glad you didn’t break any bones!  Arnica would be good to try, but maybe your doc could make other recommendations.  Best wishes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dang, I Hurt!!!

[ Edited ]

Sorry about your fall.  We have a woods about 100 ft. from our house in the back so whenever I go out there at night..... I looked for "critters" on the porch. We keep our grill out there.   I think they smell the food because that is where we see all the critter prints in the snow at winter time.  Just a heads up in case you have a grill out there.  They do draw hungry animals.   Hope you feel better soon.