Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for this update on Dana.  What a battle she is in.  She is such a beautiful soul, and I will be thinking of her often.

And speaking of another beautiful soul, there is @ShowMe.  You are quite an amazing woman, the kind of person I name a “Braveheart.”  Your journey has been long and hard, but you are still full of life.  As far as depending on other people, if we all live long enough, we will have to depend on others for help.  There is a time for giving; also a time for receiving.  

Prayers and hugs to all with this wretched disease, and blessings to all who love and care for them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dana Bledsoe

[ Edited ]

I've learned over the years on this board, that you cannot take everything posters post at face value.  You just can't, when they are talking about another person who they don't even know and have no relationship with.  "mental signs of her cancer", right then and there I knew this was not credible information at all.  If you are concerned about Dana, follow her yourself on FB and read what SHE is sharing with her followers.  

Valued Contributor

All you have to do is listen for yourself on facebook

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I've learned over the years on this board, that you cannot take everything posters post at face value.  You just can't, when they are talking about another person who they don't even know and have no relationship with.  "mental signs of her cancer", right then and there I knew this was not credible information at all.  If you are concerned about Dana, follow her yourself on FB and read what SHE is sharing with her followers.  

@chrystaltree......You don't know that.....Believe me when I say the mind can play tricks on us when we are undergoing cancer treatments.  They are really tough to go through.  Until you have walked in the shoes of someone that knows this, you might think more about what you are posting.  Cancer is a very tough disease to battle.  

I know how you post....and you have said some hurtful things to me on other threads.  Normally I don't respond to your posts, just try to ignore, but this one got to me.  

Respected Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree......You don't know that.....Believe me when I say the mind can play tricks on us when we are undergoing cancer treatments.  They are really tough to go through.  Until you have walked in the shoes of someone that knows this, you might think more about what you are posting.  Cancer is a very tough disease to battle.  

I know how you post....and you have said some hurtful things to me on other threads.  Normally I don't respond to your posts, just try to ignore, but this one got to me.  

I watched the video and thought that Dana was fine. She was venting on her own FB page.  To my knowledge, she no longer is being medically treated.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

ShowMe,

I was speaking with a dear friend whose wife is battling breast cancer.   Her diagnosis was recent (this past Fall she learned she had this dreadful disease), and she is a fighter.  She is retired from both the Army and a career in the federal government.  As he told me only two months ago, she is "Army strong," which has been her way of saying she will tough this battle out bravely.

Her chemo treatments were going along rather well until this last one.  Nausea, vomiting, weakness, loss of appetite -- you name it.  She was knocked for a loop for three days.  It was very sad news.

They live out West, and all I can do is say prayers and send encouraging messages.  How I wish I were there to help more.  The friend has been helping me with my woes with a family member who lives in his area.  

I hope you are keeping up your strength, ShowMe.  You will be among those in my nightly prayers.  Bless you.  

@golding76.....Sorry to hear this about your friend.  That is how the treatments can affect someone.  Many side affects.  All those you mentioned I have had at one time or another.....except for vomiting.  Have lost a lot of weight, still don't have all my strength back, tire easily, and sometimes I just don't feel like eating.  There were some days when I just didn't want to continue with the treatments.  And radiation treatments were no picnic either.

Keep encouraging your friend......and keep saying prayers for her.  I have added her to my prayer list now.  

Thanks for keeping me in your prayers.  

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Thank you for this update on Dana.  What a battle she is in.  She is such a beautiful soul, and I will be thinking of her often.

And speaking of another beautiful soul, there is @ShowMe.  You are quite an amazing woman, the kind of person I name a “Braveheart.”  Your journey has been long and hard, but you are still full of life.  As far as depending on other people, if we all live long enough, we will have to depend on others for help.  There is a time for giving; also a time for receiving.  

Prayers and hugs to all with this wretched disease, and blessings to all who love and care for them.

@PamfromCT.......Thanks so much for your kind words.  Yes, it has been long and hard....and I'm not giving up the battle.  Will continue it as long as I can.  Thank God daily for the doctors and those that care for us.  My oncologist and I have a great rapport now, and we understand each other very well.  I trust him.  Know he is doing whatever he can and is keeping up with all the new medications and treatments that are coming out for cancer patients.  

Please continue with the prayers.  

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Dana Bledsoe

[ Edited ]

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
Here’s the link to her Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/danabledsoethismoment/

On the topic of

prayers for Dana Bledsoe❤️.......

Shes a beautiful person inside and out and represents QVC  so very well too.

thank you for the link @Naturesbeauty.❤️

Super Contributor

Dana has an active public Instagram too.❤️

DANA BLEDSOE

(@danabledsoe_thismoment)

"Not fighting cancer -

I am healing it by healing

my mind,soul and spirit.

Follow my journey by tapping link below.
bit.ly/1nGVxCl"

https://www.instagram.com/danabledsoe_thismoment/?hl=en

IMG_0955.JPG

Honored Contributor

There is a big difference between had cancer and living with cancer.  I had cancer and am 3 years cancer free.  People that live with cancer can't say that.  My BFF had stage 4 multiple myeloma cancer and passed  5 1/2 years after diagnosis.  She knew it was there every minute whether she was on treatment or not.  She knew it would come back and she'd need chemo, radiation or both.  What she didn't know was the when or how many treatments.