Honored Contributor

@teainlondon wrote:

Is it his decision or is Q making him retire? I don't watch any more because all the old guard is leaving so that Q can hire the young, aggressive type to hawk the same stuff over and over.

Maybe Dan is too old.

tea

Dan had a FB chat with Sharon after their gourmet food show yesterday and after making his retirement announcement.  He discussed his new plans and said he is devoting his time to his "Fearless Faith@ @ FFM60."   It looks like Dan and two of his friends have an online ministry where they have devotions every day.  He said he wants to spend more time doing that.

Trusted Contributor

He deserves it !        Go Dan in the directions of your NEW DREAMS and may health and love always be at your side !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  I'm glad to hear he's moving on to something else he loves.  I think everyone should have a reason to get up in the morning, and as a very religious man, I think that's the perfect road for him to follow!

Laura loves cats!
Frequent Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@teainlondon wrote:

Is it his decision or is Q making him retire? I don't watch any more because all the old guard is leaving so that Q can hire the young, aggressive type to hawk the same stuff over and over.

Maybe Dan is too old.

tea

Dan had a FB chat with Sharon after their gourmet food show yesterday and after making his retirement announcement.  He discussed his new plans and said he is devoting his time to his "Fearless Faith@ @ FFM60."   It looks like Dan and two of his friends have an online ministry where they have devotions every day.  He said he wants to spend more time doing that.

Thank you for mentioning Fearless Faith.  I forgot about that after listening to the FB chat.  I just 'liked' the page on FB and 'liked' Dan Wheeler's new page on FB.

Honored Contributor

I didn't know anything about this but saw Jane Treacy reposted the on-line chat between Sharon and Dan.  Someone in the comments said that Dan said this wasn't his choice, insinuating this was a forced retirement.

If anyone listened to the entire thing and his announcement, did Dan actually say that or is someone trying to stir something up?

December must be contract time at QVC.  That is when LR left and Albany.  Now Dan.   

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I didn't know anything about this but saw Jane Treacy reposted the on-line chat between Sharon and Dan.  Someone in the comments said that Dan said this wasn't his choice, insinuating this was a forced retirement.

If anyone listened to the entire thing and his announcement, did Dan actually say that or is someone trying to stir something up?

December must be contract time at QVC.  That is when LR left and Albany.  Now Dan.   

@Lipstickdiva, that’s interesting.  

Honored Contributor

He will be missed. I follow him on FB on his QVC page and his personal page too. He shares inspiring things.  Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Regular Contributor

It seems he made a short comment as this wasn't his choice at this time but he will move on to another chapter.  He is only 63.  I think that he was forced out to be honest.  He talked highly of QVC but Im sure that was "forced" a bit as well. Seems they probably didn't choose to renew his contract.

Super Contributor

Dan's Retirement sendoff brought tears to my eyes as I watched his daughters cry when he spoke lovingly of his wife Beth's passing. He said he was going to his ministry calling he truly is a wonderful man with a loving family.

Super Contributor

@Zey4x wrote:

Dan's Retirement sendoff brought tears to my eyes as I watched his daughters cry when he spoke lovingly of his wife Beth's passing. He said he was going to his ministry calling he truly is a wonderful man with a loving family.

Tanks!