Esteemed Contributor

Prayers for his complete recovery. Question:  even if he has great recovery does he play again.  It he allowed to do that because of what happened to him?  I know nothing about sports. 

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu That's a good question.  I don't know if anyone has that answer at this point.

It is still early in his "recovery" so we will have to see.  I hope he can fully recover but that remains to be seen.  Frankly he is lucky to be alive.  God bless him.

Respected Contributor

Thank god!  Thank you for using his name not just the team name! 

Honored Contributor

Truly another miracle!!

Latest update here in Buffalo about Damar Hamlin, our Bills Football team Safety

Hamlin's doctors at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center have announced that there has been "substantial improvement in his condition over the past 24 hours." His "neurological condition and function is intact" and he's "beginning to awaken." He's opened his eyes and has been moving his hands and feet.

Hamlin continues to be critically ill and will remain in intensive care for the time being, but it was clear the doctors were encouraged by how he's been responding. They were made sure to mention that he "still has significant progress he needs to make," but his progress over the last 24 hours "marks a really good turning point in his ongoing care."

The physicians also said that Hamlin has been responsive to questions and commands, and has even been asking questions of his own. He’s still intubated and on a ventilator, so he hasn’t been able to speak, but he’s been writing questions with a pen and paper. One of the first things Hamlin wanted to know? Who won Monday night's game.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife    I wonder if he asked, "what happened"?  That would've been my first question.

I bet he was surprised to hear nobody won the game.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I will continue to pray for Damar and his family...wonderful news that he is showing so much progress...if he is communicating by writing that would certainly mean his brain is up and running. Praise the Lord! 

Esteemed Contributor
If he recovers which it seems he will. He could return to the field if no underlying heart condition or genetic defect is found. As a result of the injury, he could have sustained damage to the heart, hopefully not. I’m sure he will be examined very closely

I’d never want to be on the field again but he’s a competitor and football has been a good part of his life; his first question was about the game’s outcome & that says it all!

I hope he continues to improve with no impairments

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@RespectLife    I wonder if he asked, "what happened"?  That would've been my first question.

I bet he was surprised to hear nobody won the game.

If he was able to ask the question, he won.

Respected Contributor
What great news. God is good
Respected Contributor

Such amazing news! He is a good man with a big heart!