Honored Contributor

Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Season 10 Premier

Season 10 begins tonight on CMT.

It's fun to watch the cheerleaders at a game, but I really like to see the auditions & makeovers during the show. Amazing how a darker hair color can make such a difference. Just like any 'reality' show, there's lots of scripted drama, but I still like the process...they do make it look easy.

If you've got the whole package & make it to the final roster, it's a HUGE resume bullet point. Definitely worth the blood, sweat & lots of tears.

There's definitely a particular "look" and dance style of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, unlike any other cheerleading squad. They work hard to maintain that standard.

They, too, are athletes on the field...but much prettier! America's Sweethearts. <3

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Season 10 Premier

I enjoy this show as well! I am amazed how hard they work out. Do not know how they do it!  

Honored Contributor

I love the show and still live 80 miles from Dallas and a lot of my friends back in the 80's went on to the squad.  Kelly the Directer graduated high school in 1983 with my cousin here in Lindale Texas.  (Miranda Lambert' hometown).  Kim and Kelly were both in the band but Kim only went on the the Apache Bells then A&M.  She said it was too hard keeping her thighs small enough for the half-time show.

Cannot wait for the new season!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

I love this show.  it's such a trainwreck.  The girls crying that this is their lifelong dream or Kelli telling them they have to drop a few pounds. . .usually because they've gone from a size minus zero to zero.  I especially love the "high  moral standards" of being a cheerleader for the DCC.  Fortunately, those standards don't apply to the owner.  Love every minute of it.  Can't wait.

Honored Contributor

I've never watched (or heard of) this show, but I noticed on the Tivo guide that they were airing season 9 on the Logo channel last night.  Maybe they will re-air it, if anybody is interested in seeing the previous season.

It's always weird when you see a show is coming up for season 10 and you haven't even heard of it.  Smiley Happy     I watch a pretty good amount of tv but I guess, since there are hundreds of channels now, I'm always coming across something that's been going on for years and I've not heard of it.

Honored Contributor

I love this show and can't wait till tonight!  I've never missed an episode. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I've never watched (or heard of) this show, but I noticed on the Tivo guide that they were airing season 9 on the Logo channel last night.  Maybe they will re-air it, if anybody is interested in seeing the previous season.

It's always weird when you see a show is coming up for season 10 and you haven't even heard of it.  Smiley Happy     I watch a pretty good amount of tv but I guess, since there are hundreds of channels now, I'm always coming across something that's been going on for years and I've not heard of it.

I believe it is a Friday night program with the earlier week's show shown just before the new show.  Kind of like Real Housewives does their broadcasts.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've watched and wonder why the girls do the crying when they don't make the grade.  Then the ones that Amaze me are the ones who say "All their lives they dreamed of being a DCC" Huh???  They don't have other goals or dreams?  It's not something you make a living out of as it's temporary. 

I do know if some plan on going into the entertainment field, they will need various background experience to recommend them but then they have to start all over again with the challenging competition. 

Those that don't care for beauty pageants probably wouldn't like this series. 

Want to add, I think Kellie looks nice for being a middle aged woman.  She looks better now than she did as a cheerleader in the 1970's. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

I like this show, too! I think Kelli is beautiful.

There are previous episodes on youtube, if anyone is interested.

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I love the show and still live 80 miles from Dallas and a lot of my friends back in the 80's went on to the squad.  Kelly the Directer graduated high school in 1983 with my cousin here in Lindale Texas.  (Miranda Lambert' hometown).  Kim and Kelly were both in the band but Kim only went on the the Apache Bells then A&M.  She said it was too hard keeping her thighs small enough for the half-time show.

Cannot wait for the new season!!

Wow!  So some of the girls you'll see at the audition tonight might be the daughters of the 80's cheerleaders, yes?!   Keep your eyes peeled!!