Valued Contributor

Re: Dakota took a turn for the worst....

Anna, I am so, so sorry. I can only echo what Sammycat has said, that Dakota finally knew love and was released from his suffering held in love. Sending caring hugs to you and your family.
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/2/2014 Sammycat1 said:
On 10/2/2014 Matty6 said:

This is also the anniversary of my fathers death.[October 2nd] My heart is broken.

I'm so very, very sorry. Your heart must be raw with grief right now. And yet I think somehow Dakota has found his way to your angel father's lap tonight.

That is the image I see too!

Valued Contributor

Anna, I'm sorry, we were posting at the same time and I did not see the post about your dad. I know anniversaries are so hard.
Honored Contributor

This is heartbreaking, poor precious little soul, so sorry for your loss. How could he all of a sudden go down this way. Did the Vet do an autopsy, or indicate what in the world happened?

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/2/2014 mousiegirl said:

This is heartbreaking, poor precious little soul, so sorry for your loss. How could he all of a sudden go down this way. Did the Vet do an autopsy, or indicate what in the world happened?

I stop hearing the vet after I heard how fast Dakota was declining. I believe tests were taken. He said sadly his injuries were more life threating then first thought.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/2/2014 Sheltie Mom said: Anna, I'm sorry, we were posting at the same time and I did not see the post about your dad. I know anniversaries are so hard.

Sheltie, I was so focused on Dakota and so in shock I had forgotten about my father and this very important day. Prayers will be said tomorrow. And thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

Ladies, thank you once again. I am going to say good night now. I am going to try to get Libby to eat she has cried herself to sleep this afternoon. Sadly, we brought some supplies for Dakota that will be packed up and donated to our local shelter. Anna

Super Contributor

How sad! {#emotions_dlg.sad} So sorry this has happened. Because Dakota has passed, this is animal abuse, death resulting--and it includes torture and burning and swinging the puppy by its tail and also includes ripping out dew claws and more--because Dakota died. Is this in the news?! It should be! There is a monster out there and poor Dakota was his/her/their victim--and there could be more! So so sorry this happened. Did you report it to the local news so the word can get out and the people caught who did this?! And they should pay your bills too!

Honored Contributor

Anna..

As soon as I started to read your new thread I began to cry and am still crying as I'm writing this.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

My heart truly and deeply aches for you,Steve,Libby and Tanya as well as for precious Dakota because he was robbed of spending what would have been a long and happy life that would have been filled with the amazing TLC showered upon on him by you and your family every single day.

Even though that sweet baby's time with you was brief,it was filled with so much love and in his heart and soul, Dakota knew that he was surrounded by that same love when you sent him to The Bridge in peace and with dignity. I have no doubt that your dad has Dakota gently cradled in his arms and that he's covering that puppy's furry head with kisses and gentle strokes.

I'm going to light a candle for Dakota on the pet loss dot com site as soon as I finish this post.

(((((((((((((((ANNA,STEVE,LIBBY,TANYA & THEIR BELOVED DAKOTA))))))))))

-------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

I am heartsick to read this, and shocked. I am so very sad , as this little dog had to leave what would have been a wonderful home. My prayers go out to the whole family.