Frequent Contributor

Re: Dakota..... A new update!

Maybe you and your family losing Dash was a sign that this sweet puppy would be coming into your life and Dash wasn't meant to be and saving Dakota you will have a friend for life.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/27/2014 MyBoyPumpkin said:

Maybe you and your family losing Dash was a sign that this sweet puppy would be coming into your life and Dash wasn't meant to be and saving Dakota you will have a friend for life.

I agree!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

Good evening everyone.. My update will be brief tonight. With all the focus on Dakota Steven and Libby and I decided this afternoon we would spoil our three pooches today. We went to the dog park and pet smart for some more supplies and some treats. And for a long ride in the car which all three enjoy. We also had a chance to visit Dakota this afternoon who is looking better and better to me. [though the cage] he was able to visit with his brothers and sister dog siblings and all three were licking the cage. I was very surprised that our three older pooches were very gentle with little Dakota sensing he was a puppy and that he has been hurt. It was only a few minutes but, they all seemed to get along very well. Tanya is coming home next weekend to see the new arrival as well. Libby said get better Dakota and we will all watch the movie Frozen together when you come home. We left after that and will see him again on Monday the clinic is closed on Sunday but, one of the nurses is taking him home as a foster puppy for the night. I was glad to hear this. Have a great night everyone. And thanks for the prayers for our little one.Smile

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/27/2014 ical said:

That's wonderful to hear! Haven't the authorities and the press gotten involved? I mean, we hear so many reports in the media regarding animal abuse, that they really try to publicize it to get the person(s) involved, because if they will do this to a puppy, they could (and may well be) doing it to people, including children. There was a case that even made national news, a few of them. And laws changed in some states in regard to the penalties for animal abuse. And you have burning wounds, and signs of torture seen in Dakota. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I will Let the animal control handle that part of it... I will tell you this that animal control is taking it very seriously. Have a good night!

Respected Contributor

Hi Matty! Just taking time to catch up on everything. I will keep your family in my prayers for Dakota's continued recovery! Your family truly are angels on Earth! God bless you all, dear! {#emotions_dlg.wub}Panda

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

Sounds wonderful. Thanks for the update. Enjoy your evening.
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/27/2014 Matty6 said:

Good evening everyone.. My update will be brief tonight. With all the focus on Dakota Steven and Libby and I decided this afternoon we would spoil our three pooches today. We went to the dog park and pet smart for some more supplies and some treats. And for a long ride in the car which all three enjoy. We also had a chance to visit Dakota this afternoon who is looking better and better to me. [though the cage] he was able to visit with his brothers and sister dog siblings and all three were licking the cage. I was very surprised that our three older pooches were very gentle with little Dakota sensing he was a puppy and that he has been hurt. It was only a few minutes but, they all seemed to get along very well. Tanya is coming home next weekend to see the new arrival as well. Libby said get better Dakota and we will all watch the movie Frozen together when you come home. We left after that and will see him again on Monday the clinic is closed on Sunday but, one of the nurses is taking him home as a foster puppy for the night. I was glad to hear this. Have a great night everyone. And thanks for the prayers for our little one.Smile

What a wonderful update! Glad your family and pets had a ride and visited Dakota! Thats so sweet the nurse is taking him home, I'm sure he'll love that! I will be excited when he can come home with you and his brothers and sister! Next weekend sounds like a very happy homecoming!{#emotions_dlg.wub} God bless you Anna and your family, the furbabies too!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all!

Super Contributor

pk

Esteemed Contributor

Just a brief update... Just received a call from the vets office. Dakota is showing improvement he is wagging his tail slightly at play and the burns are healing nicely too. If this improvement continues he will not have to have the surgery but,will have to wear the tail cast for six more weeks. I am glad of this because he has been though enough already. I am off from work today an I am spending some quality time with our three dogs Patches,T-Max and Sandy this morning. I am going to wait until Libby gets out of school and together we will visit Dakota. Have a good day!