Trusted Contributor

Daisy the dog ...loves her new prosthetic Legs

Here is a cute story .... Daisy got a second chance at life and enjoys

her new prosthetic legs.

(Click on first picture...which is a short, but happy video.)

http://www.today.com/news/watch-disabled-dog-daisy-happily-test-out-her-new-prosthetic-t58171

Valued Contributor

Re: Daisy the dog ...loves her new prosthetic Legs

How wonderful!  Thank you for sharing this story.  I have had 2 dachshunds with back problems, with one of them having back surgery & still able to walk, but the other one never regained use of her legs & we got her a wheelchair cart.  It is important for pet owners to get their puppies used to being 'asked' to be picked up & put back down, rather than jumping up & down themselves.  They will be ok for awhile, but sooner or later it will damage their joints, bones, and the discs in their back.  I can't tell you what it feels like to look up and see your energetic pet suddenly in agonizing pain, paralyzed & dragging their back legs behind them.  Avoiding jumping up & down is key.  I thought this would be a good place to mention that safety tip for our pet lovers out here Smiley Happy  & mention that there are many wonderful resources online to learn what to do if that ever happens to your dog.  It is very important to learn several things right away, to increase their chances at a full recovery.  Time is of the essence with those types of injuries.  I'm not trying to be a downer, just help our pets & pet lovers avoid heartbreak, by giving a heads-up on this issue.

Thank you for sharing this heartwarming story!

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Esteemed Contributor

Thanx for sharing.  The surgeon at Tufts told me dogs don't mind losing a limb like we do and it takes them four to six weeks to walk normally.  I am so pleased that precious Daisy is sooooo happy now!

Esteemed Contributor

Awwwwwwww . . . Just what I needed to see on this Thanksgiving morning, so thankful this adorable little Daisy can run with abandon and joy. Thank you for sharing, @Bestdressed.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

Bless her little heart.  I am crying with joy for that little scamp!

Esteemed Contributor

Very sweet. It brought tears to my eyes - good tears.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

She's so cute with her overbite and prosthetic legs.  Her tail is wagging a mile a  minute.  Kudos to her forever home for giving her a chance at a happy life.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting this. Very sweet. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

We saw this on the local news .....  what a happy doggy!!     Heart