there is nothing in us to block the way, to keep God's grace from
using us. Our own pride and selfishness are the greatest blocks. We
can keep those out of the way and God's grace can flow through us into
the lives of others. Then all who come in contact with us can be
helped in some way. We can keep the channel open, free from those
things that make our
life futile and ineffective.

Prayer for the day:

I pray that all who come in contact with me will feel better for it.
I pray that I may be careful not to harbor those things in my heart
that put people off.

Peace of Jesus to you all! Hope your day went well. It was a nice day here today, so while I had to be out of the house because of the house showing I walked Sammy with just a t-shirt and jeans. Tomorrow's another showing and another nice day! Blessings for me today was that my neighbor was home, and I could sit on his steps with Sammy when I was so tired of walking. We had a nice visit. Another blessing - my house is really clean all over and shines!! Whew! Oh another blessing was that Sammy and I didn't run into any dogs on our walk! Some of the big ones scare him!

Homily of the Day

May 24, 2011

For Those Who Love God, All Things Work for the Good!
by Monsignor Dennis Clark, Ph.D.

Acts 14:19-28 / Jn 14:27-31

There’s an ancient Chinese curse that says, “May you live in interesting times.” The curse seems to have come true in our day. There’s no era in history that can match the speed and the complexity with which growth and change are occurring at this very moment. It’s fascinating and exciting, but it also has an impact on our daily lives, injecting a level of uncertainty and stress that we’d just as soon live without.

And so, Jesus’ words in today’s gospel are especially relevant and comforting. “Peace is My gift to you,” he says. What exactly is the peace that Jesus promises to those who walk with Him? It’s not a freedom from having to pay close attention to our finances or our retirement fund, or to who our kids are hanging out with. It’s not an immunity from having to watch our diets, monitor our health, and give our rose bushes just the right combination of care.

The peace that Jesus gives is the peace of perspective, of seeing all things in the light of our profound conviction that the Lord loves us, walks with us, and will always give us what we need. It’s the inner quiet that comes from knowing that “for those who love God, all things work for the good.”

Trust that, and you will know His peace.

Hail Mary
Hail Mary, full of grace, the lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women,
and blest is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Gentle woman, quiet light,
Morning star, so strong and bright.
Gentle Mother, peaceful dove,
teach us wisdom, teach us love.

You were chosen by the Father;
You were chosen for the Son.
You were chosen from all women,
and for woman, shining one.

Blessed are you among women,
Blest in turn all women, too.
Blessed they with peaceful spirits.
Blessed they with gentle hearts.

Make Me Good Like You!

A Story from Heaven.

There once was a cloistered nun who dedicated her life to the Lord. Every day she knelt in chapel and prayed, "Dear God, worthy of all goodness, make me good like you." And good she was. Year after year, she did everything with patience and was ever uncomplaining & compliant. She believed God must be pleased with her life.

After her death she sat in review of her life before the apostles. To her utter disappointment, the majority of her good deeds seemed not to matter to them. Only the small handful of times when these deeds were out of a heartfelt concern for others, then did they count. Confused by this she began to ask…what about this deed? What about that? She was met with the question, "Show us, in this instance, where did you act out of love?" She was unable.

Love had never been central to her motivation. Instead it had been a perfectionism. Her eyes were instantly opened. We are measured by our love. It came to her how she had secretly harbored negative thoughts about other sisters and how she had been disgruntled with changes happening in the Church. She saw how easily her many good deeds could have been meritorious, if only her motive had been to love her sisters…and not just to be kind to them. To do things out of love for others, and God living in them, is the highest perfection. God does not want our perfection so much as he want our love! -In loving Him "goodness" will naturally follow.

The disciple explained to her: "Our Master wants only you. You are not the equivalent of your good deeds. And, you cannot earn paradise with them. You are, instead, his precious child. A child whom he loves infinitely. He knows you intimately -to the very essence of your being. And, He has redeemed you with his most precious blood –so great is His love for you! He only wants you. He wants you to come and share in his great joy…the joy of the resurrection given him by the Father. "

"But, I have nothing to bring to him when I see him…a few good deeds, good deeds of love," she replied sadly.

"Bring him your heart. It is enough," he explained. "It is all anyone can offer. It is all he desires...just your heart!"

The "way that surpasses all the others," as St. Paul puts it, is simply the way of love.

If I speak with human tongues and angelic as well, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong, a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and, with full knowledge, comprehend all mysteries, if I have faith great enough to move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give everything I have to feed the poor and hand over my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. 1Corinthians 13

THE ART OF FORGIVING
Author Unknown

The most creative power given to the human spirit
is the power to heal the wounds of a past it cannot change.

We do our forgiving alone inside our hearts and
minds; what happens to the people we forgive
depends on them.

The first person to benefit from forgiving
is the one who does it.

Forgiving happens it three stages: we rediscover the
humanity of the person who wronged us; we
surrender our right to get even; and we wish that
person well.

Forgiving is a journey; the deeper the wound,
the longer the journey.

Forgiving does not require us to reunite with the
person who broke our trust.

We do not forgive because we are supposed to;
we forgive when we are ready to be healed.

Waiting for someone to repent before we forgive
is to surrender our future to the person who wronged us.

Forgiving is not a way to avoid pain but to heal the pain.

Forgiving someone who breaks a trust
does not mean that we give him his job back.

Forgiving is the only way to be fair to ourselves.

Forgivers are not doormats; to forgive a person is not a
signal that we are willing to put up with what he does.

Forgiving is essential; talking about it is optional.

When we forgive, we set a prisoner free
and discover that the prisoner we set free is us.

When we forgive we walk in stride with the
forgiving God.

~ A Prayer For Patience ~

God, teach me to be patient, teach me to go slow,
Teach me how to wait on You when my way I do not know.

Teach me sweet forbearance when things do not go right
So I remain unruffled when others grow uptight.

Teach me how to quiet my racing, rising heart
So I might hear the answer You are trying to impart.

Teach me to let go, dear God, and pray undisturbed until
My heart is filled with inner peace and I learn to know your will.

~Helen Steiner Rice~

Rain On ME
By: Holly Gerth

Rain can be a force that destroys and washes away hope,or it can become a tool God uses to bring healing, growth, and new life to our hearts...our response determines the difference.

I don't believe we have to wait for blue skies in order for God to use the rain. It can start right here, right now.

So wherever you are and whatever your storm may be, know that you are not alone. God is with you, and He is whispering messages about the rain to your heart that will change your world forever if you only dare to believe them.

Closing prayer:
A PRAYER FOR AMERICA
Father, we beg Your blessing for the Right to Life, the Unborn, the weak, the sick and the old; all who are finding themselves being targets of the vicious culture of death; that our Lord Jesus bless and protect all who stand up for the Christian dignity of persons. That God enlighten those who are traveling down death's highway by their involvement, in any way, with either the contemporary death culture, selfism, relativeism, or any of the new age errors of our times, that God envelop our culture with His Divine protection and help us both individually and as a nation to true enlightenment, conversion and repentance of our selves and our culture. Help us to turn from our national sin of abortion, and return to, and once again become a Christian nation, on the narrow road, that is, the path to becoming a nation and culture, under God. Amen.

Good night everyone! Sweet Dreams to all and may you find your many blessings tomorrow - in just an ordinary day!! God Bless you!