Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Wednesday

Daily Inspiration, Scripture, Meditation and Prayer
February 9

If everyone thought alike, no one would have to do much thinking. Lord, bless me with the strength of my convictions and the ability to disagree when necessary without being disagreeable.

Scripture for the Day
"Do not be afraid, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." — Luke 12:32

Meditation for the Day
The life-line, the line of rescue, is the line from the soul to God. On one end of the life-line is our faith, and on the other end is God's power. It can be a strong line, and no soul can be overwhelmed who is linked to God by it. I can trust in this life-line and never be afraid. God can save me from doing wrong and from the cares and troubles of life. I can look to God for help and trust God for aid when I am emotionally upset.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that no lack of trust of fearfulness will make me disloyal to God. I pray that I may keep a stronghold on the life-line of faith.

Hello my friends! Peace to you all! Hope your day went well. Today was another cold day - it was around ten below - and we were going to get our carpets cleaned this morning but he called that it was too cold and his truck would freeze and our garage would have to be opened, so we'll wait until next week when it's above zero. Only went outside today for Mass at noon. But we're going to Lori's tonight - Linus wants to measure to make her closet into a California Closet and measure to make shelves for under her stairs. Tomorrow is a special day of us. It's the day we met 49 years ago. The reason we know this is that I kept a five year diary at that time and I have the night we met at a dance, and all our dates, and our Wedding and the first year of marriage in it. In that diary I also have the death of my father, and brother, 4 months after the wedding, and the death of my mother, two months later - so it's an important diary - and I'm keeping it. Too bad I didn't keep it up so I don't have the girls in there. I remember that night I met him. We danced and danced a lot that night! I went to the dance because a girlfriend wanted me to go with her.

Homily of the Day
February 8, 2011
Habits: A Blessing or a Curse?
by Monsignor Dennis Clark, Ph.D.
Gen 1:20-2:4 / Mk 7:1-13
Habits can be real blessings. They can get us through the most boring parts of life, like our early morning routines, with barely a thought or a strain. With their help we just plow forward. Habits can carry us along when we’re tired and they can keep us going in the right direction when we could easily wander off. Good habits of living and thinking can do us the favor of setting off alarm bells when we’re tempted to do something stupid. Habits can be real blessings — but only some of them are in fact.
The other side of habits is that they can blind us to the most obvious of evils and the most ridiculous of life patterns. This is especially true when a habit of thinking and acting is a part of the culture we live in. It’s always just been there and we’ve never thought about whether it’s right or makes sense or not.
That’s where the Pharisees in Jesus’ time were caught, inside their own inherited habits of thinking and being. It led them to do and say a lot that made no sense. And it left them floating along on the surface of life, never seeing or finding its real purpose or meaning.
All of this leaves us with a crucial question: What are we taking for granted and just not looking at? Has habit blinded our hearts to the needs of others or to the consequences of our daily choices? Take time to look at the things you take for granted. There are almost certainly some surprises waiting for you!

Mother Teresa Said...
Faith is a gift from God.
When God comes to you or you go to God, then you will have the chance to accept Him or reject Him.
Accepting Him is the gift of faith.

MEMO FROM GOD
"Effective, immediately, please be aware that there are changes you need to make in your life. These changes need to be completed in order that I may fulfill My promises to you to grant you peace, joy and happiness in this life.
QUIT WORRYING: Have you forgotten that I am here to take all your burdens and carry them for you? Or do you just enjoy fretting over every little thing that comes your way?
TRUST ME: Once you've given your burdens to Me, quit trying to take them back. Trust in me. Have the faith that I will take care of all your needs, your problems and trials. Put them on My list.
LEAVE IT ALONE: Don't wake up one morning and say, "Well, I'm feeling much stronger now, I think I can handle it from here." Why do you think you are feeling stronger now? It's simple. You gave Me your burdens and I'm taking care of them. I also renew your strength and cover you in My peace. Don't you know that if I give you these problems back, you will be right back where you started? Just let me do my job.
TALK TO ME: I want you to forget a lot of things. Forget what was making you crazy. Forget the worry and the fretting because you know I'm in control. But there is one thing I want you NEVER to forget. Please do not forget to talk to me, OFTEN!!! I LOVE YOU. I want to hear your voice.
SHARE: You were taught to share when you were only a child. When did you forget? That rule still applies. Share with those who are less fortunate than you. Share your joy with those who need encouragement. Share your laughter wit those who haven't heard any in such a long time. Share your tears with those who have forgotten how to cry. Share your faith with those who have none.
BE PATIENT: How can you be so impatient when it takes Me a little longer than you expected to handle something on My to-do-list? Trust in My timing, for My timing is perfect. Just because I created the entire universe in only six days, everyone thinks I should always rush, rush, rush.
BE KIND: Be kind to others, for I love them just as much as I love you. They may not dress like you, or talk like you, or live the same way you do, but I still love you all. I created each of you different in some way. It would be too boring if you were all identical. Please, know I love each of your differences.
With all my heart, I LOVE YOU!
GOD

THE CRUCIBLE OF SUFFERING
Author Unknown
I will not leave you comfortless. . John 14:18
Nowhere has God promised anyone, even His children, immunity
from sorrow, suffering and pain. This world is a "vale of
tears," and disappointment and heartache are as inevitable as clouds
and shadows. Suffering is often the crucible in which our faith is
tested. Those who successfully come through the "furnace of
affliction" are the ones who emerge "like gold tried in the
fire."
The Bible teaches unmistakably that we can triumph over
bereavement. The psalmist said: "Weeping may endure for the night,
but joy cometh in the morning" (Psalm 30:5).
Self Pity can bring no enduring comfort. The fact is, it
will only add to our misery. And unremitting grief will give us
little consolation in itself, for grief begets grief. Ceaseless grieving
will only magnify our sorrow. We should not peddle our sorrows and bewail
our bad fortune - that will only depress others. Sorrow, or
mourning, when it is borne in a Christian way, contains a built in
comfort. "Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be
comforted" (Matthew 5:4).
There is comfort in mourning because we know that Christ is
with us. He has said: "Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end
of the world" (Matthew 28:20). Suffering is endurable if we do not
have to bear it alone; and the more compassionate the Presence, the
less acute the pain.

Waiting On The Lord
When prayers aren't answered, quickly or right away,
Just ask the Lord, to reveal to you, the reason for His delay.
If the answer for that request just seems to take too long,
Just lift up your hands and praise Him, with a glorious new song.
Just wait on the Lord, and try to be still,
'Cause your request may not be in God's will.
If that is the case, just praise Him again,
He won't steer you wrong 'cause He's your friend.
Maybe you'll learn patience, a little trust too.
Or maybe your motives you'll need to review.
Ask Him for an answer, the way He sees fit.
But don't lose hope and don't you quit.
The answer can be revealed in a miraculous way
So, be prepared to listen to what He has to say!
The answer will bring Him honor and glory,
And then you'll be able to tell your story.
Minister to those who did lose hope,
Who were looking for answers on how to cope!
- Author Unknown

Closing Prayer:
O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of this day in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
throughout the world. I offer them for all the intentions of Your Sacred Heart: the salvation of souls, reparation for sin, and the reunion of all Christians. I offer them for the intentions of our bishops and of all Apostles of Prayer, and in particular for those recommended by our Holy Father this month.

Good night everyone and Sweet Dreams. Have a wonderful day tomorrow filled with God's special blessings! God bless you!