Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Tuesday

Daily Inspiration, Scripture, Meditation and Prayer
January 31

God values us so much that He gave us all that He has; His son Jesus. Show that you value Him, too, by putting Him first in all aspects of your life. Lord, when I put You first in my life, order and peace follow.

Scripture for the Day
"Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am languishing; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are shaking with terror. My soul also is struck with terror, while you, O LORD — how long? Turn, O LORD, save my life; deliver me for the sake of your steadfast love." — Psalm 6:2-4

Meditation for the Day
I believe that all sacrifice and all suffering is of value to me. When I am in pain, I am often tested. Can I trust in God, no matter how I feel? Can I say, "Your will be done," no matter how much I am defeated? If I can do these things, my faith is real and practical. It can work in bad times as well as in good times. God's will can work in a way that is beyond my finite mind to understand, but I can still trust in it.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may take my suffering in my stride. I pray that I may accept pain and defeat as they come, and grow spiritually as I receive God's strength to make it through.

Hello my friends! Got back at 1AM - so thought I'd start the thread before going to bed and thank you, Lucy, for starting this all the while I was gone. Glad your computer cooperated. Had a nice time, but Darla is very sore and really needs a lot of prayers. Constant pain. Wish there was something someone can do for her - soft tissue, you know, and also other things. Please pray. The trip went well, and Darla did her best to have us enjoy the days with her.

I don't have any more inspirations to use here so I'll just say goodnight for now and see you in the morning! Thanks again so much for continuing the thread.