Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Tuesday

Hello my friends! Well I'm all ready for Bible Study now, so thought I'd get this thread out first, and hope you all are having a very blessed and positive day. We had left-overs today so it was a blessing I didn't have to cook today - he's gone to work now until 8:30, about the time I'll get home from the Bible Study. It's about Mary's journey to Elizabeth tonight, about 8o miles distance. I think I heard it was a three day walk. Wow! It'll be interesting to see the video tonight and the discussions, learning more and more. Never too old to learn! Praying for you all that God answers your prayers and may you all come close to Jesus in all your needs - and love Him more and more.

When you turn to God, He makes the weak strong, the sinful sinless
and the worthless worthwhile. Lord, I am a joyful person because
You have blessed me.
S C R I P T U R E F O R T H E D A Y

"Peter and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than any human
authority." ~Acts 5:29

M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y

Functioning on a material plane alone can take me away from God. I can also
try to function on a spiritual plane. Functioning on a spiritual plane as
well as on a material plane can make life what it should be. All material
activities are valueless in themselves alone. But all activities, seemingly
trivial or of seemingly great moment, are all alike if directed by God's
guidance. I can try to obey God as I would expect a faithful, willing
servant to carry out God's directions.

P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y

I pray that the flow of God's spirit may come to me through many channels. I
pray that I may function on a spiritual plane as well as on a material
plane.
================================

A PRAYER FOR LENTEN DAYS

Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wick ed way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23, 24

Loving Lord!

Thank You for bringing me into these days of introspection. I take this time to analyse my ways and meditate upon the ultimate sacrifices You have made for me, a grant sinner.

Lord! There were times when I had been so mean to others and when I had lost my patience and integrity. There were times when I had lost faith in You when I had been unfaithful to You without even acknowledging Your sacrificial love for me. Please forgive me for all the sins I have committed against You as well as my fellow-men.

Let me regain the spiritual values I have lost and restore in me the original first love for You. I rededicate myself at Your feet Lord! Search me and fill me with Your divine presence so that my life can reflect the Gospel. Let this Lenten season be a time of restoration and the means for renewed direction and perspective. Please guide me and make me a channel of blessing to others. Thank You for helping me to reflect Your love and sacrifice. In Jesus' name, I pray.

Amen.

Who Is Jesus to Me?
Jesus is the Hungry to be fed.
Jesus is the Thirsty to be satiated.
Jesus is the Naked to be clothed.
Jesus is the Homeless to be taken in.
Jesus is the Sick to be healed.
Jesus is the Lonely to be loved.

Who Is Jesus to Me?
Jesus is the Love to be loved.
Jesus is the Joy to be shared.
Jesus is the Sacrifice to be offered.
Jesus is the Peace to be given.

Who Is Jesus to Me?
Jesus is the Word to be spoken.
Jesus is the Truth to be told.
Jesus is the Way to be walked.
Jesus is the Light to be lit.
Jesus is the Life to be lived. – Words of Mother Teresa

March 23

I am a God of both intricate detail and overflowing abundance. When you entrust the details of your life to Me, you are surprised by how thoroughly I answer your petitions. I take pleasure in hearing your prayers, so feel free to bring Me all your requests. The more you pray, the more answers you can receive. Best of all, your faith is strengthened as you see how precisely I respond to your specific prayers.

Because I am infinite in all My ways, you need not fear that I will run out of resources. Abundance is at the very heart of who I am. Come to Me in joyful expectation of receiving all you need—and sometimes much more! I delight in showering blessings on My beloved children. Come to Me with open hands and heart, ready to receive all I have for you.

How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.
—Psalm 36:7–9

I will bless her with abundant provisions; her poor will I satisfy with food.
—Psalm 132:15

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.” So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of the five barley loaves left over by those who had eaten.
—John 6:12–13 – From Jesus Calling

Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Tuesday

Happy Linus had a nice birthday. Boy I wish spring would get here and stay. Blessings to all. Harlene(lovestopaint)
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Harlene! Thanks for Linus' birthday card - he loves it! It's beautiful!!! My wish is the same as yours!!

Esteemed Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Hello friends...Blessings to you who post and read. It is going up to 50 today and has stopped snowing. The snow will melt fast. The streets are clear. That is a blessing.

Have a good day and God's blessings on all here. May He answer all your prayers.

Valued Contributor

Hello to all of our friends here, Hope your day is going well. I was out for awhile yesterday, so today I'm just doing things around the house, and taking a break as needed. Not tired really, but a bad headache for awhile has slowed me down some. Nothing else happening right now. Just the way I like it... pinky

Trusted Contributor

Hello to Pinkyann, Julie, lovestopaint, and Gloria. Did I forget anyone?

Gloria, did you get my email? I sent it about an hour ago.

Esteemed Contributor

Hello all - It was a really nice Bible Study last night, on Mary. It was on her visitation to Elizabath and how she got there, and it was 80 miles. The video was great and interesting. Our snow is melting, almost all gone, we didn't get much anyway, thank God! Tonight we have Adoration at 6 - 7. Never did that before on a regular basis, it's nice. Any Catholics that read this ever go to Adoration and do you have it at your Parishes?

Julie - it sounds lovely where you live! I understand about getting into a truck. I have a hard time getting in too, as I am only 5 feet. You be careful. Does the truck have a runner you can step on? My brother-in-law has that which makes it easier to get in when we ride with them.

Esteemed Contributor

Just read your email, Bobbiesue - and answered it.

Dani MarieBernadette D'Angelo's photo.

Contributor

Hello Everyone. I found this sweet place and immediately felt so much at home. I hope you don't mind if I join your group.

Gloriajean, the scripture you posted, from Psalm 139, "Search me, O God, and know my heart" has always been one of my favorites. I think of it whenever I feel that no one else knows me or they misunderstand me. I know that God does know my heart and my true intentions, and that is a great comfort to me. Thank you for posting it.

Lifeisgood, it is great to see you again. Our weather in my part of SC is up and down daily. So we constantly turn on the AC, then the next day it's the Heater, then back to AC, and on and on. Rain, then sun, then rain. I never know what to expect from day to day, but I'm loving that it's not freezing anymore.

I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day tomorrow.