Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Tuesday

Hello my friends! Hope your day is going well and you're finding many blessings throughout the day. Mine was seeing more pictures of Lori and Terri in Guatemala, and more other pictures there. My husband saw them first and called them to my attention! What a blessing Facebook is to us! Can hardly wait for her coming back home on Friday. Linus has to go to a funeral 3 hours away for a cousin, he's going with his brother, I'll stay home for Lori to come. So sad to hear that ShowMe has cancer. Saw it on her thread. Let's pray for her healing. I also put her on the Prayer Request thread and I'll put her on my Glory of God Prayer line. Also - I got an email from Carolina - she is so stressed at work, so busy, thought it'd be nice to offer some prayers up for her, too. Praying for you all, thanks for your prayers for us.

Never let the abundance of gifts from God cause you to forget the Giver.
Lord, may I start and end each day with a thank you to You for all of my
blessings including those which I take for granted.
S C R I P T U R E F O R T H E D A Y

"Help me, O LORD my God! Save me according to your steadfast love."
~Psalm 109:26

M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y

I can depend on God to supply me with all the power I need to face any
situation, provided that I will sincerely believe in that power and honestly
ask for it, at the same time making all my life conform to what I believe
God wants me to be. I can come to God as a business manager would come to
the owner of the business, knowing that to lay the matter before God means
immediate cooperation, providing the matter has merit.

P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y

I pray that I may believe that God is ready and willing to supply me with
all that I need. I pray that I may ask only for faith and strength to meet
any situation.

New Beginnings

1. Make good the promises you have made to our

Heavenly Father.

2. Pray the Rosary often!!!

3. Let go of past problems - live today

4. Spend some time every day in quiet meditation

5. Do something every day that gives you pleasure

6. Work on the things that cause you the most distress

7. Give thanks every day for something - starting

with being thankful for the new day

8. Remember there is no one exactly like you - you

are unique - Only our Heavenly Father and you
truly knows you

9. Accept yourself as you are

10. Start by loving yourself

The World Says

The World says I have no ambition, Yet I hope, I dream. The World says I'm not intelligent, Yet I believe I am. The World says i won't succeed, Yet I know I will. The World says my thoughts aren't important, Yet I know they are. The World says my voice won't be heard, Yet I know someone will. The World says I can't live without money, Yet I know I could. The World says I need many friends, Yet I only need some. The World says my Savior is dead, Yet I know he lives. The World says many things, Yet I don't listen. - Mark W Fields 
Used with Permission
Give Me Strength...
Grant me strength, Dear Lord, I pray,
Control my life, don't let me stray.
When I feel angered, help me see,
That I can place my trust in Thee.
When I feel I'm sinking low,
Hold me, Lord, don't let go.
Don't let Satan have his way,
For I know he'd lead me astray.
Make me strong when I feel weak,
Let my ears listen when You speak.
Let not my faith diminish in Thee,
But save my soul and set me free.
Forgive me when I start to doubt
What faith and trust are all about.
Hold me Lord, in the darkest night,
Take away my fear and fright.
May Your voice be one, I always hear,
Saying to me, "I'm always near".
"I'll walk with you and guide you well,
But you My child, must not rebel".
Lord, I love you, forgive my fears,
Please dry my eyes from all these tears.
May I always place my trust in You,
Remembering, Lord, You've always been true.
(Ruth Ann Mahaffey)
- - -
Galatians 6:9 - So let us not become tired of doing good; for if we do not give up, the time will come when we will reap the harvest.

February 23

Be on guard against the pit of self-pity. When you are weary or unwell, this demonic trap is the greatest danger you face. Don’t even go near the edge of the pit. Its edges crumble easily, and before you know it, you are on the way down. It is ever so much harder to get out of the pit than to keep a safe distance from it. That is why I tell you to be on guard.

There are several ways to protect yourself from self-pity. When you are occupied with praising and thanking Me, it is impossible to feel sorry for yourself. Also, the closer you live to Me, the more distance there is between you and the pit. Live in the Light of My Presence by fixing your eyes on Me. Then you will be able to run with endurance the race that is set before you, without stumbling or falling.

Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O Lord.
—Psalm 89:15

Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
—Hebrews 12:1–2 – From Jesus Calling

Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Tuesday

Thank you all again for your prayers. God bless all of you. Harlene(lovestopaint)
Valued Contributor

Gloria, Prayers for both Show Me and Carolina. I hope their faith, and our prayers, can get them through these ordeals. I'm glad you'll have Lori home soon.

I'm just doing laundry today, and whatever else I can get done. It got to -6 or so last night, and DH and I hope we're about done with such extreme cold for this winter.

Harlene, Hope you're feeling ok after your test. Also, you're welcome! pinky

Trusted Contributor

So sorry to hear about Show Me, I will say a prayer for her.

Hello Lovestopaint and Pinky Ann. Hope your day goes well.

Gloria, I am glad Lori is coming home. I know you will be glad to see her. Praying for warmer weather. It is 3 right now. Very cold. I have a Dr. appointment on Thur. and it calls for snow. Please pray that it waits till I get home. My electric bill budget went up about $ 20.00 due to the cold this Feb.

Blessings to all here. I got a notice from the Catholic church that they are having a ladies Bible study. I think I will go. I'm excited about it. Have a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for your prayers for ShowMe. She has a long road ahoe. Hopefully the chemo won't be so nauseating for her. Harlene, so happy for you good report!

Pinky - that is true - one needs our Faith to get us through the hard times.

Bobbiesue - Have a good Dr. appointment on Thursday - praying for good roads for you and I'm glad you are going to take in a Bible Study at the Catholic Church - good way to meet people, and you'll learn a lot. You will definitely enjoy it! Keep us posted. We took ours a couple years ago - it was Jeff Cavin's 'The Great Adventure' Bible Study.